Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15491 Discussions

Extremely Slow Customer Service

Cdnjoe
Novice

Hey Guys, I am wondering if this is always how INTELs support is?

I opened a RMA ticket on July 31 2024, 16 days ago,  for my defective 14900KS, I respond immediately and it always more then 2 business days for a response, in fact its been 5 days and no contact from INTEL. I am waiting on a "warranty agent", they needed information asked on Aug 11th, which was provided to them on Aug 11th. Its now EOD AUG 16th!

I have sent emails almost daily and unanswered all week, and posted to the RMA ticketing system also.

This is my first time RMAing a Intel product and very disappointing for a multi billion dollar company. Completely unacceptable level of support.

I deal with many technical vendors and companies in my technical career and have not experienced such poor customer support.

Thank you

13 Replies
Cdnjoe
Novice

Updating this ticket, so Intel just responded to me after 6 days from their last email that said they were going to follow up with me on Aug 14th, today is Aug 17th.

The next intel support rep I am dealing with is now asking for my invoice. This is infuriating, attached to my ticket when I opened it on July 31, 2024, I included the original invoice, picture of the CPU and picture of the original retail box with matching serial numbers.

Its like the are following a script with out even looking at the existing ticket or ticket history.

Very disappointing customer service.

0 Kudos
Sarrion970
Beginner

yeah, same issue here takes forever for a response. I reply back as soon as I get the email like within 5-6min or so and 3-5 days later I get a response. 

0 Kudos
Cdnjoe
Novice

Yes this is exactly my experience also, completely unacceptable as this is totally within INTELS control. All this does is make things worse and my overall view on Intel even less favorable.

Its very unfortunate that we can not get proper support in a timely fashion. All this does is tarnish Intels reputation even further.

0 Kudos
Cdnjoe
Novice

Well a bit of positive news,  the current support rep actually responded to my email within 24hrs..will see how this goes.

0 Kudos
eastmanfive
Novice

Similar experience, opened request #06291241 on July 20th, almost 30 days ago and they keep abandoning and failing to respond.  My 13900k can't even run in default Asus BIOS settings.  I just want a refund so can replace it with a 14900ks.

ToUsMiC
Beginner
I am quite surprised by your comments. I contacted Intel on August 13, I received a response within 6 hours, in total 3 days of consultation in a row, to arrive in RMA which DHL will pick it up tomorrow (13900k defective). I must say that I congratulate the Intel Belgium support, very responsive and very friendly. I understand the frustrations of the members for such a blunder on the part of Intel but there are millions of us having problems and they are responding as best they can. I've been on Intel since the 286, I even went through the very first buggy Pentium but I remain confident in Intel, and it won't be tomorrow that I will change to CPUs. Concerning computer failures, don't forget Nvidia with its 4090 or the burnt connector...yet they continued to buy. I am not linked to Intel, I do not have Intel shares either, I am just sharing my personal opinion.
0 Kudos
eastmanfive
Novice

ToUsMiC, I'm glad yours is moving, still waiting on mine, + 7 days since the last time Intel responded, nearly 30 since the opening.

NormanS_Intel

Hello @Cdnjoe. @Sarrion970 and @eastmanfive

Thank you for posting in the community!

It appears that the team managing your case has already contacted you. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused and for the delayed response. Rest assured, I will inform the team about your situation. 

I will now close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
eastmanfive
Novice

Hi Norman S,

There has been no contact or update on my request #06291241 for 10 days.  It is now 31 days old.

eastmanfive
Novice

We may have forward movement as of 30 minutes ago, not on the ticket, but looks like an email from supportreplies@intel.com.  Hurray, I'll be happy if this keeps moving from this stage, and hopefully not a spoofed email.

simonius
Beginner

yeah same thing here, trying to get a refund or RMA or whatever for my defective (intel's fault) 13900K.
Basically in a loop of:

- i say hi can i return/refund/etc this cpu
- they say hi and ask for invoice
- i give them invoice with VAT stuff and address
- they say wait 48 hours
- nothing happens for a whole week

- i say hi, i've not heard anything, can i return/refund/etc this cpu
- they say hi and ask for invoice
- i give them invoice with VAT stuff and address
- they say wait 48 hours
- nothing happens for a whole week

...etc

I'm now on loop 3-4 of this cycle, intel need a fire lit under them at this point, feels like a scam.
Even if they manage to save on 1 returned cpu, long term this is how you lose customers and money. 🤷🏻‍

Dave2024
Novice

In another thread I was posting the same thing as you. The loop over and over and not getting anywhere. As I said in the other thread, just waiting on someone with more pull and money to get upset enough and they start a class action lawsuit. Because I know Intel is acting like they are trying to sweep it under the rug but Intel is just digging a deeper hole to fall into. And that's pretty sad because all they'd have to do is just honor the RMA / warranty and face up the fact that something screwed up. But because they are so prideful and don't want to admit mistakes, they'd rather take the fall than have good customer support and happy customers. Only focusing on short-term not long-term. They can't keep sweeping it under the rug forever.

Cdnjoe
Novice
I am still awaiting INTEL to respond. My last update from them was on Sept 18 and was promised an update from them by Sept 21st. I have sent at least 3 emails since then and updated the online ticket asking for an update as to when my check will be couriered. No response from Intel for over a week. This is an unacceptable level of business communication from a $50+ Billion dollar company