Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14692 Discussions

Faulty processor

84rt3k
Beginner
Hi guys, on the picture u can see 2 procesora, on the top i7 11700k (LGA 1200) on the bottom i5 10400f (LGA 1200). Can u see a difference? Because I can, did i get faulty processor i7? He doesnt fit into LGA 1200. Im not stupid, under thermal paste is i7 11700k, i swear 101%!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @84rt3k

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand you your concern with the Intel® Core™ i7-11700K Processor, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Could you please provide us with the motherboards make and model?

Also, if you have the processor in hand (and not installed in a system) then you can use the processor’s markings numbers and run them through the warranty center to validate if you have the expected processor. You will need two numbers from the markings, batch number (FPO) located on the top of the processors and partial serial (ATPO) number located on the upper side of the processor. Refer to How to Check the Warranty Status of My Intel® Boxed Processor.

Please let us know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello 84rt3k

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello 84rt3k

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos