Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15362 Discussions

Freq Problem of 13700k

Eric3042
Beginner

The maximum frequency of my i7 13700k stucks at 3990MHz and can't be adjusted by Intel XTU.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Eric3042, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

Just to let you know, we only provide support in English language and when necessary we use a translation tool. But, we will not be able to understand any information shown in the pictures in a different language.

In reference to this scenario, it is important to mention that the Performance-core Base Frequency for your unit is 3.40 GHz, as you can confirm in the link below, so it seems that the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology is the feature that might not be working:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/230500/intel-core-i713700k-processor-30m-cache-up-to-5-40-ghz.html

In order to rule out any possible hardware issue with your Intel® processor, please install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test, it means it is working properly. Once you get the chance, let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=intel%20processor%20diagnostic%20tool

We also recommend to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the motherboard to gather the information on how to reset the BIOS to default settings and also to update the BIOS to the latest version.

If the issue persists after that, just to confirm:

When did you purchase the Intel® processor?

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the memory RAM? Please provide the number of sticks, voltage, and speeed?

Did you build the PC?

Was the unit working fine before without getting stuck at 3990MHz?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Are you overclocking/ downclocking the processor?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Eric3042, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Eric3042, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos