Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14698 Discussions

Have a computer with an Intel B560 chipset. Will my torment ever end?

ANC52
Beginner

Well, one of your people Azeem_Intel said I should I post this question here, because Asus directed me to Intel. I can't imagine WHY, since for some daft reason the page on your website that was supposed to have drivers for this awful thing's chipset was blank. I've resigned myself to the simple fact that things simply aren't SUPPOSED to make sense anymore in the Alice in Wonderland we seem to stuck with now. Oh, joy. Anyways, here we go.

A shop owner at a computer job sold me a custom-built PC that was supposed to be fully Windows 11 capable. I spent roughly one grand, pretty much my entire tax refund, on it around 2022 or so to do so. As to the CPU, it's an 11th Gen Intel I7 11700K CPU. I've gotten oddly conflicting answers from people I asked at various websites, including, I think, here. as well as web searches with Bing  trying to definitely determine where the CPU IS or IS NOT fully Windows 11 Compliant.  There's also the whole side issue about some of these chips have been hacked in some way I don't claim to fully under. Curioser and curioser, as the Mad Hatter might say. The whole subject is giving me a pounding headache at the very thought of it just now, so please don't ask more than you have to about it.  Headaches are bad for me, and that doing that will most certainly make this one worse. Can ANYBODY here give me the definitive answer to this question? It's essential to know, as it has implications to a lawsuit, I may have bring against the shop owner over this, if the statute of limitations will ever allow for it. More on that later.

The motherboard, unfortunately, is an Asus TUF Gaming B560M-PLUS WIFI. The chipset, I was informed to my dismay on, I think, here, is discontinued and no longer supported by Intel. Best I can tell, there are NO Windows 11 drivers for this awful thing on this website. What drivers there ARE on Asus's website pertaining to this motherboard that are supposedly for Windows 11 are either suspiciously outdated, clearly mislabeled Windows 10 drivers, or something else entirely. This means using ANY of them has unfortunate implications. While without them Windows 11 barely functions, with them this computer is HIGHLY unstable. Not only does it randomly crash when playing the game Age of Wonders 4 for reasons that simply don't make sense (the video card I use is an Asus DUAL-RTX 2080, I can't imagine that it's the problem. I've heard nothing bad about it whatsoever, and believe me, I checked Bing thoroughly to make assurance doubly sure), the computer's operation is more sluggish that it should be. Not only do programs take far longer to load than they should, especially with 32 GIGS of RAM, the computer's ability to use the Internet has, quite simply, gone lip strumming, hooting mad. The ONLY thing internet related that works right when it comes to this computer is downloading games from Steam, which is exactly as it should be, though odd in its own perverse and inscrutable way. ANYTHING else is wildly unpredictable or doesn't function at all. Mind you, after fighting this issue for days, doing everything I could, updating the motherboards chipset, Intel Wi-Fi, and Realtek NIC drivers to the newest I could find, messing with the settings on the driver on everything else I could think of until I nearly went stark raving mad in frustration.  Then I gave up, purged the entire HD of all files, and downgraded the OS back to Windows 10. as a test measure  Know what?  EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR. I simply can't get the internet connection to work like it should. I've never seen ANYTHING like it. People at the ISP have shown me the readings of their equipment, and while my knowledge of WIFI stuff is spotty, there doesn't seem anything wrong whatsoever. I simply don't buy that they would give me fake screenshots to con me, they don't seem to be at ALL that kind of people, and having lived in my own little slice of Hell's Half acre, which is slum, for a VERY long time, I would know if they were trying to snow me. (Where I have had the misfortune to live, people who don't figure how to tell when they are being conned tend not to last long. It's THAT kind of place),. Mind you, I've been a self-taught shade tree computer tech for over 30 years now.  Anyways, in conclusion I've included the latest Speed Test screenshot readings to show you just HOW badly the internet speeds are out of whack. There is absolutely NO sane reason it should be this way. So, what's the verdict? Our corporeal reality having a glitch? Chaos theory running amuck? The fictional Joker has escaped from a comic book into the real world and is having "fun" with me? (I don't REALLY want to think of the possible fatal implications of THAT one. Shudder.) I have somehow managed to annoy Cthulhu and he has sent one of his twisted minions from the Eldritch Beyond to make me suffer DEARLY for his own perverse and inscrutable reasons (I'm leaning towards that one, actually). Or is it simply that while I bought this equipment brand new only a few years ago, it is starting to malfunction wildly because it is about to time of life fail and be completely inoperable?  With Asus's business reputation currently hovering around Pond Scum, that scans. Anybody got any better Ideas? I simply don't.

Am I simply stuck with a computer that either will never work right, and thus have to pay Verizon extra every month just have access to a Hotspot to have my computer's internet work with anything OTHER than Steam? Or it even worse, that this thing is about to die, and since I am likely permanently employed because the DEI cult won't let it be any other way, I will I be without ANY computer for the foreseeable future? I'd prefer it NOT be the latter option. If it is, obviously, I can confidently expect NO company in this case to lift a finger to help me. I simply don't believe in six impossible things before breakfast, so pleading for mercy with ANY of the CEOs of the company's involved and BEGGING for a replacement PC that actually DOES work right Windows 11 is laughable.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Alice, there are plenty of drivers for w11 for your board.

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/tuf%20gaming%20b560m-plus%20wifi/helpdesk_download/

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
ANC52
Beginner

I TOLD you those are WORTHLESS. Did you bother to read the whole thing? I already TRIED these. My system is WILDLY UNSTABLE when I install them. Are you clear on this now?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No.  you said there were no drivers.   And, you need to install the chipset software IMMEDIAATELY after yoou install W11.

And, these drivers were tested by asus for w11 on your board.

If you have a problem, contact.

Clear enough?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos