Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Hello! My PC was just built last moth with CPU core i9 9900KF. The CPU was overclocking a day after buying it a day. Any problems detected to CPU with overclocking?

UCHHE
Beginner

My CPU was overclocking only one day and then turned overclocking off. While my CPU was overclocking, I DIDN'T use as rendering, USE application like Autocad. Now my CPU has problem which its temperature is too hot. Therefore, does CPU cause problems by overclocking?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello UCHHE,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

• Have you checked with the manufacturer of the system about this behavior?
  • Is the BIOS configured to use an overclocking profile?
  • Is the system using adequate cooling?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
UCHHE
Beginner
Hi! I am so sorry that I have not replied to your message because the website was transferred or maintained . 1. "Have you checked with the manufacturer of the system about this behavior?" I checked for this pc behavior since I have faced the problem for the first time after I bought it for one day. 2. "Is the BIOS configured to use an overclocking profile?" For this question, since I bought it a day, the BOIS configured the overclocking and American Megatrend pop up with on the screen. Otherwise, I didn't use my PC. I turned it off and tomorrow I took it to a computer shop where I bought it. 3. "Is the system using adequate cooling?" Since I bought it for the first time, a computer shop technician built it with liquid cooling with one fan. While I was rendering the images, the PC shutted down because the CPU was too hot. Tomorrow I took it to the computer shop again and then the computer shop technician asked me to change the liquid cooling with one fan to the liquid cooling with two fans and I added two more fans to the exhausted side. About two weeks later, I knew that its temperature was still too hot.
0 Kudos