Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15312 Discussions

Help regarding i7 10700F temperatures

BlueHues
Beginner

As a preface, i'd like to note that i'm not extremely savvy when it comes to hardware, so sorry in advance if my explanations might seem lacking.

I've seen many people talking about their setups and how their idle temps of similar setups range from 30-40ish. While i'm not sure if ambient temperatures impact it that much (current ones ranging 25-30°C), my current idle CPU temp is 52-53°C, with it hitting ~82°C (with short moments of no higher than 90°), when using high intensity processes. Should I be concerned? If so, what actions should I pursue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hi BlueHues,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

To assist you effectively with the temperature concerns you've reported, we would need some additional information about your system. Could you please provide us with the following details?

1. Model of the cooler you are currently using.

2. Brand and model of the motherboard installed in your system.

3. The specific time or circumstances when you noticed the spike in temperature.

4. Any performance issues you are encountering with your system, particularly during the temperature spikes.

Understanding these aspects will help us diagnose the issue more accurately and offer targeted solutions.

Additionally, we have several public articles that delve into the operating temperatures of CPUs. These resources might offer you valuable insights and help you better understand what to expect from your system's performance. I am sharing the links to these articles for your reference.

Information about Temperature for Intel® Processors

What Is the Maximum Operating Temperature of My Intel® Processor?

Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi BlueHues,

Good day!

I am just checking to see if you read our previous reply. If so, please provide the information we request so we can continue checking this request.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi BlueHues,

We have not received a response to this request yet. Should you require further details or assistance, kindly submit a new inquiry, as we will not be monitoring this thread moving forward.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos