Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15008 Discussions

High CPU Usage on new Intel i5 1235U

CCraig
Beginner

elo, I just got a new Thinkpad laptop with an Intel I5-1235U cpu and I'm running Ultima Online on Windows 11. The CPU usage is extremely high compared to my Desktop AMD. Any ideas how to fix this ? The CPU usage should be less than 5% compared to AMD. In Windows 10, 2 Cores were at 100% all the time. This is a screenshot of Windows 11.

Intel.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Heisenberg2023

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. 

Please keep in mind this is a mobile processor, and actually the U indicates a processor that has been designed for power-efficient laptops, and that might be why you see more utilization. In order to assist you, can you please help us with the following information: 

• Have you checked the system requirements for this game?
  • Do you have any performance issues?
  • Download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CCraig
Beginner

Hi again, here is the info you requested. The system requirements for this game are very low ... I don't have any performance issues, except high cpu usage, even though its a power efficient CPU, all other windows tasks are running normally.

Windows 98/XP/Vista/7
 CPU  400 MHz Intel Pentium II
 RAM  128 MB
 CD/DVD-Rom Speed  4x
 Hard Drive Space  1.5 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved character profiles,
Windows swap-file, and DirectX 9.
 Video  8 MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible driver for
 Sound  DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
 Internet Connection  56.6 Kbps or better
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @CCraig

Thank you for all this information. I will proceed to check this internally. As soon as I have more information, I'll let you know.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @CCraig

Thank you for your time. Based on the report and information we have seen so far, this is expected behavior that during games the processor usage increases. We need to take into consideration that different systems will have different customization and performance. Different system will have different power consumption and different components that will affect performance and utilization.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
CCraig
Beginner

I have come to the same conslusion, testing this on different processors, Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @CCraig

Thank you for your post. It has been a pleasure. For now, I will proceed to close this thread. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos