Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14794 Discussions

High CPU temp i9 14900KS

XTN
Beginner

Hello,

I just build a new machine, and I'm suffering from high temperatures,

the vast majority of the games I'm trying to play are closing by themselves (CyberPunk), I found a solution to be able to play without problems, using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, but I I need to lower the Perfomace Core Ration from 59x to 50x.

The problem seems to be coming from the Temperature package, when it reaches 100°C the game closes.

I'm disgusted by this situation, it feels like I bought a Ferrari but I still continue riding my bike...

Config

Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX St DDR5

CPU Intel So1700 Core i9-14900KS 8x 16x C / 32T 3,20-6,00 GHz 150W - 253W
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB Gigabyte Windforce V2 24G

MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2, 360mm RGB

RAM DDR5-6600 64GB PC5-52800U  Corsair Vengeance Black (2x 32GB) V2

be quiet! Straight Power 11 StGold 1000W (BN285)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, XTN.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to lower the Performance Core Ratio has helped alleviate the problem temporarily, but it's understandably frustrating to face such challenges with a newly built machine.

Are there any background processes or software running that could be putting additional strain on your CPU and GPU, leading to higher temperatures? Have you tried running stress tests or benchmarks? This is to see if the overheating issue occurs consistently under heavy loads. When it comes to the airflow, are the fans on your CPU cooler and case operating properly or have you tried adjusting their speed or adding more fans for better airflow?

There could be multiple factors contributing to this issue. I'd like to know whether there are any BIOS settings that may require adjustments to optimize thermal management for your particular hardware setup. If you have done any steps to fix this issue before contacting us please give me those details so we don't repeat any unnecessary steps.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello XTN,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello XTN,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos