Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Higher Speed RAM on Pentium Silver N5000.??

heyrobbie
Novice
hello...i am wondering if i can put a 8 Gb 2666mhz or 3200mt/s Ram on an Intel Pentium Silver N5000.....which has 4Gb 2400mhz on it expandable upto 8......can higher speed ram be put in it.??
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello heyrobbie, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please visit the product specifications site: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/128990/intel-pentium-silver-n5000-processor-4m-cache-up-to-2-70-ghz.html 

Under Memory Specifications, you will see it goes up to 2400 MT/s. Also, as this is a Mobile processor, it should be installed in a laptop (most likely), so you will need to check with the system manufacturer (OEM) for the RAM compatibility. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello heyrobbie, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please visit the product specifications site: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/128990/intel-pentium-silver-n5000-processor-4m-cache-up-to-2-70-ghz.html 

Under Memory Specifications, you will see it goes up to 2400 MT/s. Also, as this is a Mobile processor, it should be installed in a laptop (most likely), so you will need to check with the system manufacturer (OEM) for the RAM compatibility. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

heyrobbie
Novice
Yes...its an ASUS laptop X507MA....i suppose then it supports RAM speeds upto 2400 MT/s only....not above.
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello heyrobbie, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The CPU is limited to go up to 2400 MT/s, but that also depends on the laptop. You may want to double-check with Asus* for this. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you have any additional question; please submit a new thread as this post will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

faduck
Beginner

I installed DDR4-3200 and it works fine but it runs at 2400Mhz. 

2666Mhz should be fine.

0 Kudos
ProDigit
Beginner

Old question but here's my response from 4 years in the future:

If 2400Mt ram modules are hard to find, you can install faster ram.

It will still run at 2400MT/s just fine.
There is only one benefit of running higher speed modules, and that's CAS latency.

Overall CAS latency reduction accounts for less than 1% of speed improvement at the same frequency, so you won't necessarily see a speedup boost.

However, if modules are priced in the same price category (2400 vs faster memory), go for the faster memory.

If the price difference between modules is more than $5-10, then you're better off going for more memory.

0 Kudos