Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11667 Discussions

Higher Speed RAM on Pentium Silver N5000.??

heyrobbie
Novice
hello...i am wondering if i can put a 8 Gb 2666mhz or 3200mt/s Ram on an Intel Pentium Silver N5000.....which has 4Gb 2400mhz on it expandable upto 8......can higher speed ram be put in it.??
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello heyrobbie, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please visit the product specifications site: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/128990/intel-pentium-silver-n5000-processor-4m-... 

Under Memory Specifications, you will see it goes up to 2400 MT/s. Also, as this is a Mobile processor, it should be installed in a laptop (most likely), so you will need to check with the system manufacturer (OEM) for the RAM compatibility. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello heyrobbie, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please visit the product specifications site: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/128990/intel-pentium-silver-n5000-processor-4m-... 

Under Memory Specifications, you will see it goes up to 2400 MT/s. Also, as this is a Mobile processor, it should be installed in a laptop (most likely), so you will need to check with the system manufacturer (OEM) for the RAM compatibility. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

View solution in original post

heyrobbie
Novice
Yes...its an ASUS laptop X507MA....i suppose then it supports RAM speeds upto 2400 MT/s only....not above.
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello heyrobbie, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The CPU is limited to go up to 2400 MT/s, but that also depends on the laptop. You may want to double-check with Asus* for this. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you have any additional question; please submit a new thread as this post will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

faduck
Beginner

I installed DDR4-3200 and it works fine but it runs at 2400Mhz. 

2666Mhz should be fine.