Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14676 Discussions

How and where to check that the CPU support Double Precision or not

Aksharma101
Beginner

How we can check that the CPU supports Double Precision or SIngle Precision? Ark site show that information? I need some guidance on this.  I want information on 2nd 3rd and 4th Gen Xeon Scalable CPUs. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Aksharma101,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on my previous message regarding your CPU support inquiry. It appears that there hasn't been a response to my last message, and I wanted to ensure you have all the information you need.

As mentioned in my previous message, if you are seeking information on floating-point operations per second (FLOPS) and specific floating-point arithmetic standards like "single precision" and "double precision," Intel no longer provides data on FLOPS per cycle for their processors. Instead, you can find details on GFLOPS (Giga-FLOPS) and APP (Adjusted Peak Performance) on Intel's official Export Compliance Metrics for Intel® Microprocessors web page, accessible here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005755.html.

I understand that sometimes technical inquiries may require time for consideration or further clarification. However, please be aware that if we do not receive a response within the next three business days from the date of this message, we will proceed to close this case.

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we are here to assist you further if needed. If you have any additional questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are committed to providing you with the support you require.

Thank you for choosing Intel for your technical needs, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Aksharma101,

I appreciate your inquiry regarding CPU support for double precision or single precision. Let's clarify your request to ensure I provide you with the most accurate guidance.

Are you referring to the performance of floating-point operations per second (FLOPS) and the specific floating-point arithmetic standards, such as 32-bit "single precision" and 64-bit "double precision"? If this is indeed what you're looking for, it's important to note that Intel no longer provides information about FLOPS per cycle for their processors.

Instead, Intel now offers details on GFLOPS (Giga-FLOPS) and APP (Adjusted Peak Performance). These metrics are available on Intel's official Export Compliance Metrics for Intel® Microprocessors web page, which you can access through the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005755.html.

Please feel free to provide any additional details or questions you may have, and I'll be glad to assist further.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Aksharma101,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on my previous message regarding your CPU support inquiry. It appears that there hasn't been a response to my last message, and I wanted to ensure you have all the information you need.

As mentioned in my previous message, if you are seeking information on floating-point operations per second (FLOPS) and specific floating-point arithmetic standards like "single precision" and "double precision," Intel no longer provides data on FLOPS per cycle for their processors. Instead, you can find details on GFLOPS (Giga-FLOPS) and APP (Adjusted Peak Performance) on Intel's official Export Compliance Metrics for Intel® Microprocessors web page, accessible here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005755.html.

I understand that sometimes technical inquiries may require time for consideration or further clarification. However, please be aware that if we do not receive a response within the next three business days from the date of this message, we will proceed to close this case.

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we are here to assist you further if needed. If you have any additional questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are committed to providing you with the support you require.

Thank you for choosing Intel for your technical needs, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

Aksharma101
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your revert. This clarify many things. 

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Aksharma101,

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that my previous response clarified things for you. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you and there are no additional concerns, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos