Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

How i can overclock my i7?

FastGabrielf
Beginner

Hello, can yours help me? 

I have a I7-4790K and i want to overclock it with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, but don't show the advanced options to overclock the processor being that he is a K version that is unlocked to overclock.

If someone help me with this i will be thankful

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello FastGabrielf

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
mrblibli
Beginner

i7 4790K默频就4.0G,能自动睿频到4.4GHz不超都够用。 貌似风冷散热器超频至5.0GHz是没问题。
Intel 酷睿i7 4790K超频步骤:
按DEL进入BIOS。
进入超频设置选项;
选择frequency / voltage control或者Power BIOS Features或者OverClocking setting(s)或者Genie BIOS Setting或者Advanced(configure system Frequency/ Voltage);
进入后找到CPU Frequency以及CPU Voltage(不可调整则需开启超频功能);
调整CPU Frequency(外频)的值,每次加10(这个值一般在200-300之间),按F10再按Y(保存退出重启);
电脑重新启动进入系统,用测温软件读取CPU温度,在60度以下继续。5.返回步骤1重复以上步骤;
碰到无法开机或者其他错误返回步骤一,进入CPU Voltage(电压),值往上加0.05,保存退出,如果仍然出错则将CPU Frequency降低10。
在熟悉了BIOS之后再进行进阶超频。注意:超频会减少CPU寿命;超频(尤其是加电压)可能导致CPU烧毁。

0 Kudos
mrblibli
Beginner

English translation

I7 4790k is 4.0g, and it is enough to automatically monitor frequency to 4.4ghz. It seems that it is OK for the air-cooled radiator to exceed 5.0ghz.

Intel Core i7 4790k over frequency steps:

Press del to enter BIOS.

Enter the overclocking setting option;

Select frequency / volume control, power BIOS features or overclocking setting (s) or Genie BIOS setting or advanced (configure system frequency/ voltage);

After entering, find the CPU frequency and CPU voltage (if it is not adjustable, the over frequency function shall be turned on);

Adjust the value of CPU frequency, add 10 (this value is generally between 200-300), press F10 and press y (save to exit restart);

The computer restart the system, use the temperature measurement software to read the CPU temperature, and continue below 60 degrees. 5. return to step 1 and repeat the above steps;

If you encounter a failure to start or other errors, return to step 1. Enter the CPU voltage, add 0.05 to the value, save and exit. If there is still an error, reduce the CPU frequency by 10.

After getting familiar with BIOS, we can do advanced over frequency. Note: overclocking will reduce CPU life. Over frequency (especially voltage) can cause CPU burn down.

0 Kudos
FastGabrielf
Beginner

So...My motherboard don't have this

0 Kudos