Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14573 Discussions

How to increase my CPU Frequency to stay at Max at all times on 19-7980XE

Enycer3
Beginner

I have a 19-7980XE CPU. On intel's website it says it has a max turbo frequency of 4.40 GHz.  But I never see my frequency going past 2.59ghz on task manager.. Its always set to 2.59ghz. Never less and never more. How can I increase that so that it always shows at least 3.5 ghz? Always on that. I checked my bios and Intel turbo mode is enabled.  My power options is set to "Ultimate Performance" mode but whats strange is I don't see the "Minimum processor state/Maximum" on my power options for some reason. Not sure if thats the reason its always on 2.59ghz.  Also Im running on Windows 10, Asus motherboard with basic water cooling setup

2022-10-04_13-52-08.png

2022-10-04_13-45-39.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The maximum Turbo Boost frequency is only achievable while a single core is active and thermal headroom is available. As more cores become busy or the processor becomes hotter, the achieveable Turbo Boost frequency will be lower. These frequencies can typically be viewed (and sometimes configured) from within BIOS Setup.

For more information on the Turbo Boost feature, here are some references you can look at:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Enycer3
Beginner

Thank you for the information but the issue is it always remains at 2.59ghz. Playing a game, video editing, etc. It doesnt change 2.59ghz. Shouldn't I see it going like 2.7ghz when doing something CPU intensive? 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Enycer3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

If I may jump into the conversation, it is important to mention that the processor automatically selects the best frequency depending on the workload demand. 

I recommend you visit the "My Intel® Core™ Processor Does Not Reach the Maximum Turbo Boost Frequency" article (already provided by Scott). It contains information you must ensure; so the processor can operate at or close to the turbo frequency. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Enycer3,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Enycer3,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos