Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15475 Discussions

I Can't install intel chipset driver

LukasS
Beginner

Hello, i have a pc with an win 11, ASUS ROG STRIX B660-A GAMING WIFI D4 and an i5 12600kf, I’m trying to download the chipset driver, but when running the AsusSetup.exe(when downloaded from the ASUS website) or the SetupChipset.exe, it will start the install then show a message “the feature you are trying to install is on a resource that is unavailable” “click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ‘setupChipsetx64.msi’ in the box below” Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hi LukasS. I'm sorry to hear about the error message that you received. 

From the error message that you have given, it seems like an incorrect path/ folder location of the chipset that you are trying to install. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

To have a better understanding, kindly please share with us the following details: 

1. Did you move the file location of the AsusSetup.exe chipset driver? 
  2. Did you get the file from this link: https://rog.asus.com/my/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b660-a-gaming-wifi-d4-model/helpdesk_download/ or is it a different one? If it is, please share with us the link. 
  3. Were you able to extract the zip file before installing?
  4. To have a better understanding of your system, Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility which is located at this link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html.)
    1. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your post.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi LukasS

We were just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Please send it to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi LukasS,

As I have not heard from you in the past few days, I will be closing your post. However, if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
LukasS
Beginner

I have successfully downloaded the drivers via Armoury Crate, so the thread can be closed. And i apologize for not replying.

0 Kudos