Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14579 Discussions

I am getting lag due to intel driver

Pranjal1122
Beginner

I have HP Victus 16-d0354TX with intel i5-11400H and it is running slow when it is unplugged after connecting the charger it runs flawlessly. Somewhere I found that this is the issue with the intelppm driver. So, I tried to disable it and surprisingly it worked. But why the intelppm driver has a problem with my laptop? I request Intel to please analyse and resolve this issue as possible.
I am also attaching a video that can easily describe my issue.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Pranjal1122,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

When it comes to processor performance while the laptop is plugged or running on battery, we recommend contacting the device manufacturer for power management options.

In order to check the processor is working fine, try running a test using the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?)

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Pranjal1122
Beginner

The device manufacturer just told me to reset my laptop and still, the problem is not fixed then they blamed Microsoft for their updates and told me that I should contact Microsoft. Microsoft also didn't solve my problem and told me to perform the commands and diagnostics but it also didn't solve my problem. They told me that they had done all possible things from their end and told me to contact the device manufacturer. I am now stuck with this issue. From HP's community, I found someone who is facing the same type of issue as me and he also mentioned the solution that, by disabling the Intelppm driver from the registry editor by putting its value to 4 and his problem was solved. So I tried this and it worked for me. I want to know, Is it good to disable that driver to fix the issue and why this driver was making the battery-related problems to me ? I am attaching the link to the community post from where I tried his method.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-very-slow-on-battery-power-very-fast-on-AC-power/td-p/8310762

Please read it and give me the proper solution for me...

Thank you

0 Kudos
VizoStudio
Beginner

I had the same problem with windows, but not with linux. so its windows fault.
it was fixed disabling  Window Power Throttling, i use the BloatyNosy App, but you can do it manually.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your reply.

I am going to research about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

Hello Pranjal1122,

Many thanks for your patience.

After reviewing this case, our best recommendation is to check with the OEM if the driver can be disabled, as it could cause other system instability issues. Since we do not handle the technical specs of the system, we cannot confirm that disabling it will fix the issue.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Steven G.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos