Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

I have INTEL (R) HD Graphics 4000 installed on my laptop....i have just upgraded my external monitor which offers a resolution of: 2560 x 1440 my current highest res. is: 1920 x 1080.

PPart3
Beginner

Can I upgrade my INTEL processor to accomodate the higher resolution?

Please help....Phil: Email: phil@fil180.com

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, you are asking for SPAM by including your email address in messages. You should remove it.

In your system, the processor is outputting DisplayPort (DP) 1.2 signals. This is capable of supporting a 2560x1440 monitor. The problem is that you have a LSPcon chip in your laptop that is taking this DP signal and converting it to HDMI. If this chip is only set up to support HDMI 1.4, then this is a problem. Check with HP if there is an update available for the firmware for this LSPcon chip.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
PPart3
Beginner

Thank you for your reply...

...I will contact Samsung and ask the question.

So far i have been passed from Samsung to Intel, and back again!

It did not occur to me that my laptop would not support the higher resolution when i bought the monitor....Phil

0 Kudos
PPart3
Beginner

I have been in touch with Samsung/HP and they gave me a service centre number in UK (I am in Ireland)

The centre said they only work on computer fixes.....and that Samsung were passing the buck!

This is becoming extremely frustrating!

Would you be able to offer any other suggestions please....? Regards...phil

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It sounds like HP *is* passing the buck. Only they can tell you what the support level is for the HDMI connector in *their* laptop design.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos