Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14722 Discussions

I7 13700kf running hot

Samira0420
Novice

I built a new pc with the mentioned processor a Noctua NH-C14S cooling fan and I can't keep temps from 100c when under load.  I mean its instant 0-100 on core 7 as soon as I start cinebench.  This then triggers throttling.  With my limited knowledge I did set the core voltage offset to -0.175 to try to under volt.  Idle temps with 1-3% utilization are 48-51c, playing cyberpunk 70-95c overtime this will hit 100, Cinebench is 100 immediately .  I have reseated and repasted my cooling solution already.  Do I need a different cooler, is this normal behavior for this chip and I should just ignore it?  I have 2 front 140mm fans  1 rear 140  mm fan  3 120 mm top mounted exhaust fans seems to be decent airflow.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated because being throttled in every task I do sucks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Samira0420, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like you to know that Intel cannot rely on third-party benchmarks, if you are not getting issues with Intel tools and no shutdowns and BSOD are happening due to temperatures, this would mean that there are no issues with the CPU.

As mentioned before, the temperatures that you mentioned are fine and under specification. If you want, you can check with the motherboard manufacturer to confirm if there are any BIOS settings that can improve the system temperatures. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

...And I will add that this is exactly the response that you will get from *every* ICS agent. It's wrong AFAIAC, but this is what you are going to get from Intel. The days of Tcontrol are gone (sadly).

...S

0 Kudos