Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

(I7-3610qm) if I do not start the Intel Turbo Boost technology monitor service, why still CPU core frequency automatically? But whether or not to enable this service, highest core frequency does not exceed 2.3MHz, second why?

DWhit25
Beginner

If there anyone can help me ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

If you fill up your car with Gas, but don't watch the pump, do the dollars still go up?

You are not enabling the tool to monitor the turbo boost \ speed step features, this has nothing to do with if the features are enabled.

Depending on your mother board, the BIOS set up may have option of disabling speed step or C states which allows the CPU to clock down to slow speeds when not needed and option for turbo boost disable so that you don't get the extra speed when the system can use it most.

I don't know why you would would want to disable either one. Speed step can save you 100 to 200 watts of power when you don't need it and turbo boost can get you the performance of a CPU 2 or 3 steps faster than what you payed for when you do need the horse power.

DWhit25
Beginner

Thank you for your reply

Because I just upgraded to Windows10, I found that the service does notstart by default, but the CPU core frequency.

But the core frequency maximum cannot exceed 2.3Ghz, even if I do stress tests, but if I use "ThrottleStop" this software this software can exceed 2.3Ghz, but why?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Your post was moved to the processors forum for further assistance.

0 Kudos