Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

I9-13900k Problems when playing games that run DX12

Tiggerus
Beginner

I ran into an issue with certain games running DX12, where I can either not launch the game and have to change the launch option to run DX11, or crash while playing.

I had to make sure so I went step by step checking my other parts and drivers, even upgraded to a 4070 from a 3060ti, which still did not fix the issue.

When I checked if anyone else had the same problem, I found people saying that certain batches of these 13th gen i9's were faulty, and that I would have to underclock my CPU to fix my issue.

Since I have not really had a problem with the CPU since I bought it in July, I have already thrown the box out and I don't know if I can get a replacement for it.

If anyone knows of fix to this issue, it would be much appreciated, and I have attached some posts that I found on reddit with the same sort of issue. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Tiggerus  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand your discomfort and frustration about this issue. 

Please attach an Intel SSU report so we can have more information about your system: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Tiggerus
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, I ended up changing the p-cores to x54, Which did help and I have not been crashing.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Tiggerus  

Thank you for your reply. 

I am glad that you found a solution and this issue is no longer present. 

In that case, this thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos