Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14674 Discussions

INTEL APO Not Detecting installed games

Elweegie
Beginner

Upgraded to a 14900KF the other day.

I have APO installed and it launches fine, however, it does not detect the three supported steam games I have installed. (Hitman 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus Enhanced).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games.

I have tried the solution someone posted elsewhere of running APO, opening the games with APO open, closing the games, restarting steam then restarting APO.. It still does not detect them.

Anyone have any other ideas that may work?

It's a shame, it seems to be a good piece of technology which is way too fussy to make function.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Elweegie, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. We want to further take a look at this issue for you. Since the list of games and optimization may vary depending on system configuration, please send us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your system. You may download it at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. Just to confirm as well, aside from these three, are other games from your Steam application being detected well? Also, would you please share us the link of the post you followed to try and troubleshoot the issue so we can check it as well. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Elweegie
Beginner

I have attached the SSU report.

I don't understand your question about other games in my steam library being detected? Being detected by what? The games I mentioned are the only ones I own which APO supports (it would be helpful if there was an accurate list of what it supports easily available since it seems top secret). Therefore I don't see why it would detect any other games I own, either in Steam or elsewhere.

It would of course also be great if it did support more games

Anyway, Everything else works fine on the system it's just APO doesn't detect the three games I own which is supports.

The post I followed in buried in here somewhere, I don't have time to go searching for it but the gist of it was to open APO, run the game, Exit the game, restart steam and restart APO then restart Steam and it should detect them fine. Which strikes me as nonsense and convoluted, the app should not require that kind of solution, and it didn't work anyway.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Elweegie, 

Thank you for replying to us and I apologize for the confusion. The reason I ask if there are other games in your Steam application that is being detected by Intel APO is because I want to check if all the games in your Steam application is not being detected or if it is only the three games that you have mentioned. Since you mention this is only the three games you have in your Steam application, I will be concluding for now that the games in your Steam Application is not being detected. We are continuously aiming to improve our products as we value your satisfaction. 

For now, I will proceed in coordinating this with our team so we can investigate this properly for you and keep this thread posted for updates. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Elweegie,

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we highly recommend exploring the Advanced Mode for accessing games that may not appear in the standard list. The availability of games for supported systems can differ, depending on the system's configuration and the graphics card used. Additionally, titles not present in the Intel Application Optimization user interface, as opposed to those listed under Advanced Mode, have not been validated for the particular system setup. While users are welcome to try Advanced Mode, please be aware that Intel does not assure any enhancements or optimizations for processors or games in this mode.

You may also visit this links for more information:

Please let us know if this was able to detect your games. If the issue still persists, let us now as well so we can conduct further investigation. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Elweegie
Beginner

Hello again.

I have an RTX 4090 and 14900HF.

Cyberpunk and Hitman are both on your supported games list, they should show up. I don't understand why metro does and they do not and I think something in this conversation is being lost in translation.

I am presently awaiting my system manufacturer to release an update so that I can use the advanced mode, I have updated the APO app however I need the drivers from my OEM to be able to access Advanced mode.

As a general piece of feedback, while APO is a great idea, this whole process is ridiculously overcomplicated and unwieldy and somewhat unreliable as evidenced by the fact that your app does not detect software I HAVE INSTALLED several times despite clearly supporting said software.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Elweegie,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I understand that you have an RTX 4090 and an i9-14900HF processor, and you're experiencing issues with Cyberpunk and Hitman not being recognized by the APO app, despite them being listed as supported games. It's perplexing why Metro is detected but not the others, and I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Regarding the advanced mode in the APO app, it's good to hear that you've updated the app itself. It seems you're on the right track, as the next step is indeed to wait for your system manufacturer to release the necessary driver update. This update is essential for accessing the advanced mode, and it's understandable that the delay can be frustrating.

I also appreciate your candid feedback about the APO app. It's clear that the process has been more complex and less reliable than desired, particularly with the app failing to detect installed software. Your input is valuable, as it can help improve the overall user experience.

It may be beneficial to verify if there are any updates available from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to ensure your system's compatibility. Presently, the range of processors fully supported by Intel® Application Optimization is selective. For a comprehensive understanding, you might find our "Intel® Application Optimization Overview" article.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos