Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14913 Discussions

Intel BXTS13X Liquid Cooling - PWM, Fan's and speed control

MPawl2
Beginner

Hi all

Does anyone know answers to the following about this product:

Does the pump speed vary?

Does the pump have an inbuilt temperature sensor and speed controller?

Does it rely on the fan speed control usually sent by the motherboard for the fan and/or pump?

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi mattyp,

The current information in my database provides me few information in regards to the BXTS13X Liquid Cooling solution. I am going to work with my upper manager in order to get an answer to your questions. Please give me a couple of days.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mattyp,

1) The Speed will vary depending on the temperature reported from the processor to the motherboard. Speed range 800 – 2200RPM (PWM)

2) The cooling solution does not have a built-in sensor. The processor has sensors and it will send the signal to the board.

3)The Cooling solution uses the Fan header in the mobo. The pump pressure is the same always.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
MPawl2
Beginner

Hi Mike

I appreciate your research, thank you.

Just to confirm:

The fan relies on the motherboard fan header to control the fan speed in response to how warm the processor is - just like a regular heatsink

The pump unit is not modifying the PWM signal - just passing it straight through to the fan.

The pump simply runs 100% full time and only uses the power from the motherboard fan header - it ignores the PWM signal.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mattyp,

You are right, the pump works at 100% always and motherboard controls the fan speed of the thermal solution.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos