Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14859 Discussions

Intel Core i7 13700KF Overloading and crashing

3qw4tW46T4v256v
Beginner

Hello,

I recently purchased an i7 13700KF for a new computer build. My specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7 13700KF
64GB 2194MHz RAM
ASRock Z790 Pro RS
ATI AMD Radeon VII

Whenever I start a game my CPU shows 100% load and runs very slowly. My computer also regularly crashes, something I also believe is because of the CPU. I've run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and received a pass. I've also updated the BIOS for my motherboard for the latest optimization of 13th gen Intel processors. This didn't fix the problem.

I'm unsure on what steps to be taking next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pressed_for_time
New Contributor II

I don't have any links to Intel other than as a user of Intel 14th gen hardware.

If the CPU is passing the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool it could be something else. Have you installed the latest INF driver ver:10.1.19600.8418 and the Intel Management Engine driver ver:2340.5.36.0_CONS - both available as downloads from ASRock. Provided that these two drivers have been installed, an update to the latest BIOS 12.07 is recommended. If you have made an adjustments to the BIOS take a note of them first and reapply them if necessary.

With BIOS 12.07 the Intel Default Settings option should be considered as a default choice. It is important if you are going to use BIOS settings not to manually over-ride these or use software that will change the BIOS settings. Check again that your system passes the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool.

How are you cooling this CPU? What PSU are you using?

0 Kudos
3qw4tW46T4v256v
Beginner

Hello, thank you for your response.

I have installed the driver versions you have recommended and my BIOS is on the latest version with default recommended settings. I ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and received another pass. After doing this I noticed an increase in general stability and reduced overloading but have still been getting regular 'system_service_exception' blue-screen crashes and crashes where my device simply freezes and has to be powered off. Upon restarting the system I notice my CPU begins overloading to 100% usage whenever I attempt to run any kind of intensive application like a game. This problem persists for several restarts at which point it stops for an unknown reason.

I am using air cooling, specifically a Dark Rock 4 200W TDP. My PSU is a Corsair RM850x.

0 Kudos