Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Intel Core i7-9700K

Matt6799
New Contributor I

Hello,

I'm looking for a recommendation as to where to buy an Intel Core i7-9700k from a reputable source.

Prefer new but would consider 'like-new' if it wasn't  'run hard, put away wet' as they say.

Many thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Matt6799,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

It is worth mentioning that whether you are looking for a processor or any other Intel component, there are only two ways we recommend getting a CPU from and they are with either one of our authorized distributors or with one of our authorized resellers. In the link below you find the information you need; however, in order for you to get any help integrating the new processor into your system; we will highly recommend getting in touch with your motherboard’s manufacturer to sort out any compatibility questions you might have.

How do I Contact an Intel® Authorized Distributor, Supplier, or Reseller?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000015067/programs.html

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Matt6799,

It is worth mentioning that whether you are looking for a processor or any other Intel component, there are only two ways we recommend getting a CPU from and they are with either one of our authorized distributors or with one of our authorized resellers. In the link below you find the information you need; however, in order for you to get any help integrating the new processor into your system; we will highly recommend getting in touch with your motherboard’s manufacturer to sort out any compatibility questions you might have.

How do I Contact an Intel® Authorized Distributor, Supplier, or Reseller?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000015067/programs.html

Regards,

Victor G.

Matt6799
New Contributor I

Hello Victor G.,

I've already been in touch with ASUS who is the manufacture of my motherboard.

They don't see any compatibility issues with upgrading to the i7-9700K CPU.

The research was done for future upgrades when I built the system about a year ago.

I had plans to upgrade the video card first then the CPU. With the mess that the video card

industry is in now I will do the CPU first then will probably wait a year before doing the video card.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Matt

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Matt6799,

We are glad that you now have the information you need, we will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information; you are more than welcome to submit a new question just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos