Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15632 Discussions

Intel QuickAssist QAT

ted-a
Beginner

hi dear

I had some questions and doubts about Intel QuickAssist QAT

What is the difference between QAT in Processor D-2700 (D-2766NT) and (4th Generation Intel® Xeon(8458p)) and QuickAssist Adapter 8970

?

What is the processing capacity of each?  Is there a document in this regard that compares them ?

Why hasn't another card been introduced after 8970?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, ted-a,

Thank you for reaching Intel Communities. I will gladly help you.

The Intel® Xeon® D-2766NT Processor and the Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8458P Processor integrated Intel® QuickAssist Technology, but the Intel® QuickAssist Adapter 8970 is a PCIe adapter fully dedicated to the QuickAssist Technology. It would be useful to install a fully dedicated adapter if your processor doesn't have that technology integrated or if you don't want to use your processor's resources.

In the next link you can find a comparison of the three devices, which include links to their product briefs in case you want to check more detailed, individual specifications: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/compare.html?productIds=125200,231742,226241

As for your other question, I am unaware if there will be any new adapters released after the Intel QuickAssist Adapter 8970.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos