Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15632 Discussions

Intel, XMP and voltage.

JazzN7
New Contributor I

Sorry for the long post!

I have a i9-11900k with a MSI MEG Z590 ACE ATX LGA1200 Motherboard and G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-4000 CL18 Memory. I am trying to get the best performance I can primarily for gaming. I am running with adaptive boost and hyperthreading and per core hyperthreading all enabled and on auto. I also have a 1600w PSU, so no worry about juice. When running XMP to run stable on gear 1, I enable XMP and then manually lower the mhz to 3333. Mind you this is also on 1N. I also have MSI intel game boost enabled. My voltages are (Core 1.4 - SA 1.3 - IO 1.056 - IO 2 1.354) They are all on Auto beside the Core which is set to 1.4 just like the DRAM. Is it worth raising the voltages manually on the CPU side? Or switch to Gear 2 while still on 1N running at 4000mhz which is stable also? Should I stay at gear 2 and OC the mhz higher on the ram? Trying not to fry anything with higher voltages lol. Also, some additional info shows on MSI's website shows that these ram sticks are on their approved list with my motherboard on XMP. Which I'm assuming they were running on gear 2, cause my system is not stable at 4000mhz in gear 1.

Sorry again for the long post any suggestions would help thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello JazzN7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please be aware that we do not provide support for overclocking, since it could damage the processor. We do provide articles with overclocking recommendations:

As well, enabling an XMP profile over the processor specifications (3200 MHz) it is considered overclocking. When one uses an XMP profile, it changes the frequencies and possibly the voltages, which are internal to the CPU. Thus, it voids the warranty. It voids warranty even if the cores are not overclocked.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos