MTcore
Beginner

MTcore_0-1708742257661.png

System Information - RAM; is incorrect, see pic

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
Have you completed a clean installation of the xtu? If not, I recommend you to use the steps in this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html and then install the xtu once more.
0 Kudos
MTcore
Beginner

Thanks,
The whole lot was new,
this is a known issue/have seen closed(un-re-responded threads),
I did a reinstall anyway, issue continues.

0 Kudos
MTcore
Beginner

also I'd like to complain that LIGHTMODE flash banged me.. plz use the op sys defaults on a fresh install, thanks

0 Kudos
MTcore
Beginner

Second bug, when resizing this happens and you cannot drag the window edge left/right from the right side any more... pain 

MTcore_0-1708868996070.png

0 Kudos
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I
To address the flashbang effect in light mode, especially when switching between applications or bringing them to the foreground, consider the following steps:

Check System Settings: Verify that your display settings are configured correctly. Sometimes, incorrect brightness or contrast settings can exacerbate the issue.Adjust the screen brightness to a comfortable level.

Application-Specific Solutions:If you’re experiencing the flashbang effect in specific applications (such as Edge browser or File Explorer), check for any available updates or patches. Developers often address such issues in software updates. For instance, users have reported the flashbang effect in Edge browser when bringing it back to the foreground in dark or dimly lit rooms
1. Keep an eye out for updates from Microsoft that might address this.

Third-Party Solutions:
Some users have found partial relief by using light mode (which has a milder flash effect) and then enabling the invert color filter in Windows Settings. This filter can help reduce the intensity of bright flashes
2..Additionally, consider using browser extensions or custom styles to selectively adjust the appearance of specific websites or applications. Remember that individual preferences and sensitivities vary, so experiment with different settings to find what works best for you. If the issue persists, keep an eye out for updates from Microsoft or seek community solutions on platforms like Reddit312

Also, This Windows feature is called Aero Snap. Here's the easy way to disable it completely:
Go to Control Panel. Click on Ease of Access link or Ease of Access Center icon. Select Change how your mouse works or Make the mouse easier to use option. Tick the check box for Prevent Windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen with the mouse under “Make it easier to manage windows” section.
And here's the roundabout way via the registry:
Run Registry Editor (RegEdit).Navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\DesktopIn the right-pane, double click (or right click and select Modify) on WindowArrangementActive, and set its REG_SZ value to 0 to disable ; 1 to enable.Close Registry Editor.Log off and log on again, or restart computer for the change to take effect.

Hope this helps! I haven't found any way to retain functionality for a single edge - it's either all on or all off.
0 Kudos