Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14727 Discussions

Intel i7-14700 high Watts

Pawel7
Beginner

Hi!

i have a MSI Tomahawk Z790 motherbard and my i7-14700 is getting very fast to 100°C, and i noticed on CPUID HWMonitor total package wats was 253W! (i thought max tdp is 220W)

I tested processor with Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and everything is ok., but temperatures are very high.

Idle temp. are about 40-45°C.

is this ok?

All settings in bios are default

Paweł

0 Kudos
37 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7,

Thank you for letting us know. Feel free to share the information here in this post. I will be waiting! 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Pawel7
Beginner

And I already know!

After changing the cooler (DeepCool AK620), temperatures are max. 85°C with Cinebench 23.

In normal operation (Blender) max. 75. So, the attached cooling has no chance with this processor.

Paweł

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

I just want to make sure we are on the same page, from the temperature you mention, it is still within the allowable temperature allowed by the CPU, when you mentioned no chance, did you mean you are still experiencing the same issue with the CPU reaching to 100 degrees? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pawel7
Beginner

To sum up:

the cooling provided with the processor is definitely too weak, with each higher load the processor temperature was 99-100°C (in synthetic tests it was basically 100°C all the time), and the idle temperature was around 45-50°C .

With the new cooling (Deep Cool AK620), even with synthetic tests, the temperature is not higher than 86°C, and in the idle state it is about 36°C.

Additionally, with the new cooler, test results are approximately 10 percent higher. better than with box cooling.

Paweł

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

Thank you for sharing this information. I want to make sure we properly investigate this for you. As such, I will make sure to coordinate this information regarding the included fan on the i7-14700 and get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pawel7
Beginner

ok,

Thank you

Paweł

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon checking with our team, we can conclude that the original stock cooler is the source of the issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We will gladly process a replacement of this fan for you as long as the CPU markings are still within warranty. You may also visit 'Troubleshooting Fan Issues with Intel® Boxed Processors' as reference.

That being said, we highly recommend for you to request a replacement of this fan by submitting a support ticket. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pawel7
Beginner

Hello,

i can't create a support ticket, because don' have FPO (don' have the processor box, and  I don't want to take off new cooler to write down the numbers.

Is there any other way to get FPO without this steps?

Paweł

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

I understand your concern with the markings. The only way to gather the FPO and Serial Number without the CPU present is with the box that it came along with. Without this, it is necessary to gather this markings on the cpu itself. I sincerely apologize that I cannot provide another way but if you can locate the box of the CPU, you can include it in the support ticket that you will submit.  

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

I am just checking in if you were able to gather the markings, we will keep being on the lookout for the new ticket that you will create. Thank you!

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pawel7
Beginner

Hello!

I haven't checked the numbers yet, I have too much work at the moment and I don't want to remove the cooling system, but I will probably do it soon, of course I will let you know.

And thank you for your interest in the matter.

Paweł

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

Thank you for letting us know. For now I will keep it open should you have further questions but you can also let me know if you want us to proceed in closing this one while we wait for you to submit a new ticket. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

I am just checking in on you. We will keep being on the lookout for the new ticket that you will create. Thank you! 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Pawel7
Beginner
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

I understand that submitting a new ticket may take some time. To keep our records up-to-date, may I suggest we close the current ticket in the meantime? Please rest assured, you can always open a new one as needed. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

How are you doing? I am just following up if you still need assistance in this thread. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Pawel7, 

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos