Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14500 Discussions

Intel i9-13900KF does not include VT-rp or Intel-TXT?

AAlpar
Beginner

Intel Arc states that some of the differences between the i9-13900KF and i9-13900K are the support for Page Table Access Control (VT-rp) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT).

All the information outside of Ark, including the document describing intel product line suffix (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html), imply that the only difference between these two processors (i9-13900K and i9-13900KF) are the inclusion/absence of a GPU.

Is it correct that the KF and K suffixed chips also exclude some of the virtualization and security technologies?

I've attached the CSV export of the product comparison from Ark.

- Aaron

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AAlpar,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some inquiries related to the Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF Processor and Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor.

As you mentioned, the main difference between the "KF" and the "K" would be that the "K" includes integrated graphics (Intel® UHD Graphics 770) and the "KF" does not. However, as you noticed, the "K" version supports Intel® Stable IT Platform Program (SIPP), Intel® Virtualization Technology with Redirect Protection (VT-rp), and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology but the "KF" does not support them.

It is fair to say that besides the graphics difference, the "KF" and "K" suffixed processors also exclude some of the virtualization and security technologies.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AAlpar,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
AAlpar
Beginner

Excellent.  Thank you for confirming that the Ark documentation is correct - and that the i9-13900KF is missing some security features that are present in the i9-13900K.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AAlpar, 

I am happy to know that the information is helpful. Bear in mind that the motherboard/laptop manufacturer may limit or restrict some of the processor's features based on their specifications.

I recommend you o check with the motherboard/laptop to confirm if the feature from Ark is also compatible with their system.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos