Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14639 Discussions

Intel i9 -13900ks

JCosta
Novice

When loading a 3ds max scene on the Intel i9 13900ks, it takes 5 hours to open the file.
This same file on another Intel i9 12th computer loads in 10 minutes.

The i9 - 13th CPU shows 100% and stays like that for hours.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RamyerM_Intel

Thank you for your prompt response. You should be able to overclock using Windows 10 and 11. However, I want to let you know that

Altering clock frequency or voltage may void any product warranties and reduce stability, security, performance, and life of the processor and other components. You may also visit this link to know more about overclocking: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

For now, It would be best to send us the .txt files first so we can further check what is causing the issue on your system. Please send it to us at your earliest convenience.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hi JCosta.

Thank you for reaching out to us. Regarding your concern about the slow 3D's Max Scene, we would like to ask the following details so we can further check this for you: 

1. Would you be able to run our Intel System Support and Utility and send it to us? This way we can check their specifications. You may download this software using this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html
  2. What type of file are you trying to open? 
  3. Are there other software open when this issue occurs? 

This information is vital so we can better assist you. Please let us know in your most convenient time about this details. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
JCosta
Novice

Hi Ramyer M.

I managed to solve it by overclocking the cores. The P-cores were locked at 1700 frequency.

So if you overclock Windows 11 it gives you a blue screen.

I was only able to overclock on Windows 10.

Is this right?

I will run your application and send you the result.

Best regards

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Thank you for your prompt response. You should be able to overclock using Windows 10 and 11. However, I want to let you know that

Altering clock frequency or voltage may void any product warranties and reduce stability, security, performance, and life of the processor and other components. You may also visit this link to know more about overclocking: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

For now, It would be best to send us the .txt files first so we can further check what is causing the issue on your system. Please send it to us at your earliest convenience.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
JCosta
Novice

Hi Ramyer M.

FOLLOW THE TXT FILE AS I RUN IT ON THE SPECIFIC MACHINE.

Best regards

Marcelo

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Thank you for sending it to us. For now, we will be coordinating this with our team for further investigation. I will make sure to update you on or before January 29, 2024.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi JCosta,

Upon coordinating with our team, it is best to gather more details regarding your inquiry. As such, please share the following information:

1. When did the issue start?

2. Was this working properly before?

3. What is the exact name of the application that has this issue, is it 3ds Max by Autodesk?

4. Were there any recent changes before this issue?

5. What is the BSOD error message when overclocking the system?

6. What is the power supply's make, model and wattage?

7. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps for this issue?

8. Just to confirm, are you experiencing slow rendering or a long time to start or initialize the app?

9. Please Run the Intel Processor and Diagnostic Tool at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html . Once done, please share the result.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

HI JCosta,

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JCosta, 

As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos