Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15054 Discussions

Intel i9 14900KF - Temp behavior

Norbury-DK
Beginner

Hi,

I know there are more posts about the following.

But i need to ask as well,

The cpu package temp. on my 14900kf, raises to 80c-95c with in a second, when performing a stress test, and drops to 30c-40c when the test is over.

The coolant temp in my cooler raises to max 40c.

Is this normal behavior? 

Is there something i'm missing?

I have attached test from Intel Extreme Tuning, System Support Util and Intel processor Diag Tool.

Thanks in advance

/ Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello Norbury-DK,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please be advised that you are stress testing the processor, and seeing thermal throttling for a short duration (~1 second) despite happening on multiple instances is normal during the test. The ideal operating temperature for a computer system on idle is around 35-45°C, but it is not applicable to all system since every component are different from one user to another. As long as your system is running at a consistent lower temperatures outside the stress test, your system should be working as per normal.

Best regards,

Jay B.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello Norbury-DK,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please be advised that you are stress testing the processor, and seeing thermal throttling for a short duration (~1 second) despite happening on multiple instances is normal during the test. The ideal operating temperature for a computer system on idle is around 35-45°C, but it is not applicable to all system since every component are different from one user to another. As long as your system is running at a consistent lower temperatures outside the stress test, your system should be working as per normal.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos