Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15071 Discussions

Intel iris Xe alcanza 100% uso 3D mientras juego y no baja.

donyonyon
Beginner

Hola tengo un problema con los controladores del mi grafica integrada Intel Xe.

Cuando inicio un juego el uso de 3D se pone al 100% y no baja se mantiene siempre.

Me compre el portatil en 2022 y ya en ese momento tenia ese mismo problema.

Estuve un mes instalando y desinstalando drivers y probando hasta que se me solucionó.

Y ahora volvi a instalar windows pero no me acordé de anotar el modelo del driver que usé anteriormente y no soy capaz de volver a dar con él.

Debe ser un  controlador anterior o del mismo 2022.

También instale por separado el antiguo Control Panel  antiguo ( aunque me fue muy difícil en su momento encontrarlo y ahora es imposible) y el driver en otro paquete (creo que era non-DCH, pero no estoy seguro).

El antiguo control panel tenia una opción de desactivar o controlar el 3D  que el nuevo no tiene.

Y con el no tenia ningun problema , funcionaba al jugar sobre un 30% de uso de 3D.

Con esta configuración podía jugar de 100 a 120 fps solo con la grafica integrada y sin lag ni cortes.

Con los drivers nuevos era imposible se ponia al 100% en el apartado 3D, y ahora alcanza 30-35 fps maximo solo con la grafica integrada , y a veces se me cierra el juego solo.

Debo reconocer que la calidad de las texturas es mejor ahora con los nuevos controladores , pero no me importa para nada . Prefiero el el rendimiento que me daba el antiguo a la calidad.

He probado a reinstalar todos los nuevos controladores tanto los que me recomienda lenovo como los de intel  en  modo seguro con DDU  en modo seguro pero sigue igual .No me sirven , seguramente eran más antiguos que los que hay publicados en la página de intel.

Necesito si es posible una lista con link de descarga de los drivers  más antiguos que puede soportar mi procesador 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H y también el Panel de Control antiguo  puesto que con esa configuración funcionaba perfectamente.

Muchas Gracias por su atención

Un saludo

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

Tenga en cuenta que solo podemos brindarle asistencia en inglés. Hemos utilizado una herramienta de traducción web para traducir esta respuesta, por lo tanto, puede haber alguna traducción inexacta. 

Thank you for posting in the communities. To better understand the 100 percent usage that is happening, please share with us the software/games where in this is happening. Additionally, since you are using a laptop, please share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your system configuration. 

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
donyonyon
Beginner

Hi Ramyer

The name of the  game is Black Desert .

I do not  know if it happens with other games because i do not play others.

Even though it must be some driver issue because with the old one i had 0 problems and to be honest the laptop run more "smoothly".

If i use both of the graphics cards the integrated and the dedicated at the same time it does not go so bad , the intel one uses about 50% of 3D when i check the Task Manager . But with the old one i vaguely remember that the % of use didnt  change even  if i used only the integrated or both at the same time it was about 30%.... and the fps were x2 or x3 times better than now (only integrated).

I will attach the SSU , hopefully we can find a solution.

Thank you for your attention and support!!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

Thank you for sharing this logs. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. Nonetheless, I have some additional questions upon reviewing the logs you have sent. 

I can confirm that the graphics driver that you are using is the one from the Lenovo website which is good practice. However, I am unable to see a dedicated graphics on the logs you have shared. May I please know the model of the external graphics that you mention as well as the driver version you currently used? When you look at the device manager of your system, is it showing any yellow bang as well?  The reason I ask is because I want to check if there is a driver or hardware issue on your system.

Just to confirm, with the 50% utilization of both the integrated and dedicated graphics, is your system showing better fps instead of only using the dedicated graphics? 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
donyonyon
Beginner

Hi Ramyer 

First of all thanks for ur support.

I´ll try to explain why Nvidia driver didn´t appear on the log.

I think it is because on my laptop i was using at that time the   " Only iGpu mode" setup by Optimus.

So when it starts the screen controller isn´t loaded, only the  Intel one.

I made u some screenshots with the 3 ways that Optimus brings , in game and when i minimize it to tray immediatly :

1-Only iGpu mode

Now fps goes from 35-55.

Only-iGpu-Minimized to Tray.png    Instantly minimized

Only-iGpu-2 -in game.jpg   In game resources

Only-iGpu-3- in game.jpg  In game iGpu

2-Hybrid mode 

Fps 80-130.

Hybrid mode-dGpu instant minimized.png instantly minimized

Hybrid mode-dGpu- In game.jpg  in game dGpu

Hybrid mode- iGpu - in Game.jpg in game iGpu

3-Only dGpu mode

Fps  120-160

dGpu-mode-resources-minimized.png  minimized  all resources dGpu

dGpu-mode   instant minimized.png  minimized dGpu

dGpu-mode - in game.jpg in game dGpu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fps value fluctuates depending of what im doing , in this case the character is not moving at all.

Even though the texture are set on medium , the graphics setting are on "very low".

With those settings and only with the iGpu i was reaching 100-120 fps , but i emphasize  , the overall quality of textures wasnt so good as now , but i preffer performance over quality.

I noticed or it´s my impression that it uses more normal RAM on hybrid and iGpu only than when it uses only the RTX instead of using it´s own graphic memory.

I also installed today trying to see if it performs better the intel and Nvidia VGA driver , but i think that is only for external monitor but im not sure.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/es/es/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-5-pro-16iah7h/82rf/82rfcto1ww/pf4461jp/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Pantalla%20y%20v%C3%ADdeo%20Gr%C3%A1ficos&id=635380F4-448F-4129-AA77-265289D96F6F

I will attach the new SSU made in hybrid mode , where now it appears the dGpu driver.

Hopefully we can find a solution and i wish  you a nice day .

0 Kudos
donyonyon
Beginner

I forgot to mention it.

If u want me to download any other game or software  to try to see if this still happens , i´ll be glad to try  everything in order to find the issue.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

Thank you for sharing this details. I will proceed in coordinating this with our team and I promise to get back to you on this thread as soon as possible.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team , we want to let you know that in accordance with the game's system requirements, a dedicated graphics card is necessary. We do have here some troubleshooting steps for the high GPU usage, that you are experiencing. You may refer to this article: How Do I Correct a High GPU Usage on an Intel® Processor?

We also highly recommend verifying that the game is utilizing Nvidia graphics for optimal performance. You may follow the steps on this article:  How To Set the Default GPU for Applications and Game to make sure it is fully utilized.

Moreover, when gaming, a high 3D usage reading in the GPU section of the Task Manager typically signifies that the graphics card is being fully leveraged to render the game's graphics. This is normal, particularly for graphically demanding games, as the GPU is tasked with processing all 3D elements and effects in real-time.

The reason behind this is the GPU's 3D engine, which is responsible for rendering all three-dimensional content, including textures, shading, and animations. During gameplay, the 3D engine is the main component in use, and high utilization indicates that the game is utilizing the full potential of the graphics card to deliver the optimal visual experience.

If the 3D usage consistently hits or approaches 100%, it may suggest that the game's settings exceed the GPU's capabilities, or it could simply reflect that the game is designed to maximize GPU usage. To decrease GPU utilization, consider lowering the in-game graphics settings, enabling V-Sync, or reducing the game's resolution. Nonetheless, if the game performs well and the system remains cool, high GPU usage is not inherently problematic—it confirms that the GPU is efficiently fulfilling its role.

Should you have further questions, feel free to let us know. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
donyonyon
Beginner

Hi Ramyer

I understand your conclusion.

Even though the settings of the game were set on very low  when i made the screenshots , cant lower it more .

The only difference on higher settings are the fps , that are lower but the gpu  usage is  still 100% and temperature increases fastly from 40-50 to 60-70 celsius.

I would like to ask  if you can give me a link to download the old  " Control panel "  not the new Command Center , even though its outdated or whatever.

I had it installed before i reinstalled Windows .(i had to install it  separately of the driver ,"different package").

I just want to make my own tests and so if something improves i will reply with the conclusions.  I cant find it now on internet but you as an Intel technician have all the resources to make it possible.

Please do me this favor and i won´t bother you more.

Thank your for your collaboration and i appreciate the effort.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

Thank you for your understanding. Unfortunately, The Intel® Graphics Control Panel (Intel® GCP) application has been discontinued from the Microsoft* Store as of March 16, 2021. 

You may also visit this link for more details: Discontinuation of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft* Store

I also want to share this article with your for your reference as I believe this would be beneficial to you: Differences Between Intel® Arc Control, Intel® Graphics Command Center, and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel

I assure you that you are not bothering us with your post and we do appreciate that you want to conduct more tests on your system. May I ask specifically the nature of the tests that you would like to conduct? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
donyonyon
Beginner

Hi Ramyer

I won´t make anything complicated. I will just to replicate the previous configuration that i had before the windows reinstalation.

I wanted the Intel control panel because it is one of the thing i know for sure i had installed. I dont know if it had something to do with the solution or not , i just know i installed it and with it worked fine then , so i wanted to have it even tho may or not be part of the solution.

The other drivers or apps i dont know exactly what they were but i will keep trying to find them but right now , i dont have time because of work.

I´ll reply you if i manage to deal with it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello donyonyon

Good day!

We understand that you prefer using the Intel® Graphics Control Panel (Intel® GCP) but like what we have mentioned, it has been discontinued. The Intel® Graphics Command Center on the other hand has been limited to its functionality, as all other features it previously had have been moved to the new application which is the Intel® Arc Control.

You may want to check on this software:

How to Install Intel® Arc Control

Re-sharing the following related articles below:

Discontinuation of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft* Store

Differences Between Intel® Arc Control, Intel® Graphics Command Center, and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel

We'll be glad to wait until your next availability, just let us know how much time you need.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

I am just checking in on this thread. While we appreciate your desire for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel, we hope you will give the Intel® Arc Control a chance. 

Let us know if you have further questions. We will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

We have coordinated this request with our team for you and want to inform you that we do not distribute old application versions due to security reasons. If you still wish to use the old IGCC version, you will need to either download the old drivers with the app included or search for it online.

For game/stream-related settings, you should find them included in Arc Control. You can open Arc Control, go to the game tab, manually add the game executable file, or scan your PC for games, then adjust the settings available in the game profile.

Let us know if this works for you. Should you have additional questions feel free to let me know. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

I am just checking in if you have further questions. Feel free to ask and I will be there to answer it for you. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello donyonyon, 

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos