Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Is my CPU new

WhoWantsToBeKing
Beginner

Hey all.

It took me 6 weeks to get my hands on a new i9 10900k Boxed and i paid for it 120€ more then the recommended price. Now its here and i am concerned that it is not new. The seals on the Box dont look glued, but one was loose and the other was good looking. 

Also, on the 1st Picture you can see there is a line on the right side.

2nd Picture i am not sure, but the letters look washed out a bit, as if someone was removing Thermal paste. 

Should i be concerned or i am a bit paranoid? If i am just paranoid, its because it took so freaking long to find a Retailer which isnt lying about the delivery date. Dont wanna say all what happened, but it was stressful.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That line is fairly common. You are far from the first to note it being present. In fact, I saw it myself on a 9th gen i9 that I received recently - but in my case, the box was still well sealed. I would say that it is pretty difficult to tease a seal off without some paper residue coming with it or it marking the box surface. Does it look like it just didn't stick or does it look like it was teased off? Make your decision based upon that. I don't lean towards the washed out lettering being anything other than a crappy marking job.

Remember, "Only the paranoid survive" (famous quote from Andy Grove, former Intel CEO)

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That line is fairly common. You are far from the first to note it being present. In fact, I saw it myself on a 9th gen i9 that I received recently - but in my case, the box was still well sealed. I would say that it is pretty difficult to tease a seal off without some paper residue coming with it or it marking the box surface. Does it look like it just didn't stick or does it look like it was teased off? Make your decision based upon that. I don't lean towards the washed out lettering being anything other than a crappy marking job.

Remember, "Only the paranoid survive" (famous quote from Andy Grove, former Intel CEO)

...S

WhoWantsToBeKing
Beginner

Thank You very much for replying. The seal looked like it didnt stick, there was no paper residue, it was all clean. Thats the reason i was so confused. Im at peace now and can build my PC. Thanks

0 Kudos