Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Lenovo Laptop with Kingston Ram doesn't seem to operate well

Aleenkahanlpo
Beginner

I've just finished adding a new 32GB ram card to my lenovo laptop, and I noticed that some processes were running slowly.

htop ram allocation

Now, suddenly, I am seeing these HUGE ram allocations for basic programs. Chrome and Discord respectively are each allocating 14 and 18 GB or ram (way higher than normal).

Vu6h1.png

I feel like this must be a configuration issue. It's a brand new laptop, i7 Core processor, was working great (way faster) when I had a 16GB hyperx card installed.I

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be really appreciated. I have 15 days to return the ram card, so I'm hoping it starts working soon.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosueO_Intel

Hello Aleenkahanlpo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, our recommendation is to check with your system manufacturer for possible compatibility issues with the new RAM installed, since they are the ones that made the system, they can provide troubleshooting and have recommendations for issues with the RAM. 

Also, we recommend checking with the Distro to be sure everything is up to date and check if there are any known issues with the version you are using regarding RAM usage. 

Hope this information is useful, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos