Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15527 Discussions

MEUpdate Tool Ruined My System

GunstarGizmo
Beginner

I used MEUpdate Tool 14.1.70.2228v4 from Asus on my 10900K and now my computer is stuck in a boot loop. I also applied Intel ME Consumer 2334.5.1.0. and Intel Chipset driver 10.1.19600.8418 according to the instructions on their website. I see a lot of deflection from them regarding the issue so I don't see any point in posting the problem on their forums. The BIOS was also updated to the latest available for my Z490-I motherboard. The only way I've been able to fix the problem is by reverting back to the latest BIOS which doesn't feature TPM. Every BIOS that supports Windows 11 doesn't work.

So how do I get my CPU back to what it was? I'm so infuriated about this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GunstarGizmo
Beginner

Also, I think this issue is related to my system shutting off during reboot when using a TPM enabled BIOS. Useless feature anyway.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello GunstarGizmo,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. If I were in your situation, I would be asking the same questions you are. 

In this case, Intel provides the generic driver only to the motherboard manufacturers (Asus, Dell, HP, MSI, AsRock, etc) and they customize these drivers to fit perfectly with their units. If you are presenting an issue after a chipset/BIOS update and if your computer is working properly with a previous BIOS/chipset this could mean that the CPU is not the source of the issue but the BIOS/chipset driver.

Based on that, I recommend you check this issue with Asus so they are aware of this behavior and work on a fix for future updates.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
GunstarGizmo
Beginner

The BIOS and ME driver worked fine until I used the update tool. Considering how well Asus handled the BIOS for AMD, I'm not expecting much from them in terms of support. Might just revert back to Windows 10. This is a joke.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello GunstarGizmo, 

Thanks for your response. I understand that this must be frustrating for you, however, since the issue was caused by the MEUpdate Tool from Asus I recommend checking with them to confirm if a fix is possible, it might be worth the shot.

Asus: https://rog.asus.com/support

I will proceed to close this thread, but you can open a new one in case you need additional support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
GunstarGizmo
Beginner

There's a few others stuck in the same situation, and based on the result of their success, I don't think the problem will be fixed. Asus is not the same company it was 10yrs ago. Considering the price of these ROG products, you'd expect premium support. I just wish that I was able to rollback to the previous firmware.

0 Kudos