Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14652 Discussions

Major lag issues when playing video games

RyanLewiss
Beginner

I am experiencing some major lag issues when that seems to only occur when I am playing my video games. While I am playing it seems like my network cuts our for about 3 seconds and my games freeze, then after the 3 seconds the game goes back to normal. This happens about every minute or so, and is very frustrating.

I reached out to my ISP and they tested my network and hardware and said it is all fine. I have had many people tell me it could be my CPU but I am not sure. I built my PC myself and bought performance parts which might be a little dated now. I have an i5 8400k processor.  PLEASE HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RyanLewiss,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel processor.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you confirm which of the following processor is installed in your system?

2. Is this issue recent? When did it start?

3. Are you using a dedicated video card (Nvidia, Radeon)?

4. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

5. What is the graphics driver version?

6. Which games are affected by this issue?

7. Do you see the issue while playing videos or browsing?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RyanLewiss
Beginner

1. Intel® Core™ i5-8400 Processor (9M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz)

2. This issue is very recent. Have had my build for over 4 years and no problems. Occured about 10 days ago.

3. EVGA SC GAMING GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3 GB Video Card

4. Windows 10, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.2251

5. Driver Version: 31.0.15.2737

6. The games I play are Fortnite & CS:GO and they are both affected with the same issue.

7. I have no problems with watching videos or browsing. Only happens during my games.

Let me know if you need any additional information. Hope to hear back from you soon.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RyanLewiss, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In order to proceed I would like you to try the following:

1. Get in contact with Nvidia to confirm that you are running the latest drivers.

2. Try a clean install of the Intel drivers:

3. Make sure that the Nvidia card is properly installed in your system.

4. Check the Windows update for additional updates.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RyanLewiss, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RyanLewiss, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

I recommend you check with Nvidia to confirm that there are no issues with the video card and with the motherboard manufacturer to make sure that you are running the latest BIOS and firmware.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos