Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14812 Discussions

Mounting bracket for LGA 3647 (Knights Landing)? Can't install a fat 7250

GAl-G
Beginner

Hi all, trying to install a Xeon Phi 7250 in my workstation with this motherboard (http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon_Phi/K1SPE.cfm Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Phi x200 Serverboard | K1SPE) but the processor is fat unlike the 7210 (which is flat with no bump). Although the cooler can still (just barely) latch on with the two diagonal screws, the system will not power on after seating the 7250 processor.

The question is where I can buy the mounting brackets needed to seat the processor and cooling block a little higher? (Also, it's strange the system will not even power on or reach BIOS POST).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Gabe-A ,

At this point, I strongly recommend contacting SuperMicro in this case to get the bracket, unfortunately we don't have much information about this component you need, SuperMicro will help you better.

Regards,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Gabe-A ,

At this point, I strongly recommend contacting SuperMicro in this case to get the bracket, unfortunately we don't have much information about this component you need, SuperMicro will help you better.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos