Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15436 Discussions

New CPU design

AdrianTudorache
Beginner

Dear Intel Team

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to share an exciting idea that could potentially revolutionize CPU cooling and provide a significant advantage in terms of thermal management. After conducting extensive research and analysis, I have come to the conclusion that exposing the silicon by cutting the CPU lid can greatly enhance thermal conductivity between the CPU and cooler in DESKTOPS! This thechnology was used in in de old days but it is used today in laptop systems. I believe this innovation could offer Intel a unique selling point, introduce a new product to the market, and make a remarkable contribution to the field of thermal management.

Recent developments in cooling technology and the increasing demand for improved thermal efficiency have prompted me to explore alternative approaches.

By carefully cutting away a portion of the CPU lid, we can expose the silicon die directly to the cooler in desktops. This modification would facilitate direct heat transfer from the CPU to the cooler, significantly reducing the thermal resistance and enhancing cooling efficiency.

The advantages of this approach are numerous. First and foremost, it would enable more efficient heat dissipation, leading to lower operating temperatures and reduced thermal throttling. This, in turn, would allow CPUs to operate at higher frequencies for longer periods without compromising stability or longevity.

Implementing this idea would not only position Intel as an industry leader in thermal management but also provide a unique differentiator for our products. Customers are constantly seeking innovative solutions that enhance performance while maintaining the longevity of their systems. By introducing CPUs with exposed silicon lids, we can address this demand and establish a new standard for cooling technology.

I understand that implementing such a design change may involve thorough testing, manufacturing adjustments, and potential challenges. However, I firmly believe that the benefits outweigh the obstacles and with Intel's expertise and resources.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Adrian Tudorache

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

Once you de-Lid, you are unsupported and void any warranty.  Period.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos