Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14763 Discussions

No signal using DisplayPort or HDMI with i7-13700

RyanKent
Beginner

Greetings,

I built a new pc, powered it up for the first time and have no video signal. At this point, I believe the only logical conclusion is the processor is bad. Prior to returning it, I wanted to ask the community for ideas. I have taken the following steps:

1. The monitor is brand new. I connected it to an existing pc using HDMI, it works fine. I then tried using DisplayPort, it works. 

2. I tried the following:

Connect the monitor to my new pc's graphics card using DisplayPort: no signal

Connect the monitor to my new pc's graphics card using HDMI: no signal

Connect the monitor to my new pc's motherboard using DisplayPort: no signal

Connect the monitor to my new pc's motherboard using HDMI: no signal

As I changed between HDMI and DisplayPort, I went into the monitor's settings and adjusted the input source to match.

3. I am using 2x32GB of Kingston RAM which is on the CVL list of my ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi LGA 1700 motherboard. The RAM is firmly seated in slots A2 and B2, as per the motherboard manufacturer's directions. I tried the following:

- Boot with both RAM sticks in slots A2 and B2: no signal
- Boot with 1 RAM stick in slot A2: no signal

- Boot with the other RAM stick in slot A2: no signal
- Boot with no RAM installed at all: no signal

4. I jumped the CMOS. No change

The pc has power. The case fans, CPU cooler fans and graphics card fans are all spinning. The USB ports have power. The RGB on the motherboard is glowing. The SSD (Samsung 990 Pro) has a light which is flashing normal (as per Samsung's directions). 

5. I contacted ASUS, the motherboard's manufactuer, and they said it could be a bad motherboard so I retuned the motherboard and received a brand new one. Installed the new motherboard, same issue. 

All cables and cards are firmly seated. I have tried disconnecting each and firmly re-installing. 

So my question...at this point, is the most logical issue a bad CPU?

I was VERY careful with the installation, as always. The CPU went directly from the package to the motherboard. I wore electronic gloves and never touched the bottom. 

Is there anything else it could be?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Possibly a bad power supply.

You returned and replaced the board.  Why not return and replace the processor (from your place of purchase)?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @RyanKent

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

I am sorry to hear that after all the troubleshooting performed, the PC is not displaying the image.

This time we would like to recommend you to process the RMA with us, after verifying that your warranty is still active here, directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are the pages where you can look up contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography: 

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA 

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC 

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR 

I will contact you privately to give you some additional information. This thread will no longer be monitored.  Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos