Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11682 Discussions

Overclocking Processor

XGA
Beginner

Hey!

I have an Intel Core-i5 3317U@1.7GHz. I wanna overclock my processor to about maybe 2.0 GHz. I tried using the Intel XTU utility but I couldn't access the advanced tuning section. I even tried searching for an overclocking option in BIOS, but I cant find any option related to overclocking there. How can I overclock my processor?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Hey, you cannot overclock your processor.  You need an X or K processor (an unlocked processor).  Your U processor is locked.   Also, XTU does not support your processor - only X and K processors are supported by XTU.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

XGA
Beginner

Hey!

Thanks for replying!

I don't know if this is true, but I heard that there are ways to overclock a locked processor. Is it possible in my case? Or am I stuck with that 1.7GHz ?

AlHill
Super User

You are stuck.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

XGA
Beginner

Oh Ok then. Thanks for replying