Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

PMIC for processors

Finees
Beginner

Hi

I am looking for suggestions of PMICs or LDOs for each family processors: Xeon, Core, Pentium, Celeron, Atom. Does Intel have any catalog or documentation on this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see you are looking for suggestions of PMICs or LDOs for each family processor, I will be happy to help you.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the information, as soon I have further details I will let you know.

Regards,

Andres P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

I have been working on the investigation, to get information on PMIC you can refer to the Technical Resources: Intel® Core™ Processors, where you can get the Technical Product Specification of each processor family. There is a short section for PMIC. You can look for this section by pressing Ctrl + F and typing "PMIC".

In case you would like to request more specific information, you will need to sign in for the intel developer zone to gain access to resources to developer programs, development tools, public, and Intel Confidential documentation, and tools needed for the design, development, and engineering of Intel®-based hardware solutions since there are specific information that is confidential. How to Apply for an Intel® Resource and Documentation Center (RDC) and/or Intel® Developer Zone (Intel® DevZone) Account.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Finees
Beginner

Hi @Andres_Intel 

Thanks for the information
I'm going to check it

0 Kudos
Finees
Beginner

Hi
I checked the link you provided and there is good documentation. However, I'd like to learn more about the specific PMIC mentioned and discrete voltage regulators in the docs. The documentation only mentions "premium" or "volume" PMICs.

Finees_0-1690311789062.png

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

Thank you for your response.

Please let us know if the information you find on the links provided works for you or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

Thank you for your answer.

I will continue with the investigation to check if there is another document that has the information you need, as soon I have further details I will let you know.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

Thank you for your time.

I have been working on the investigation to provide you with more information, some of the documentation will be available for external users, but the rest of the information is confidential, you can request a NDA to access some of this info, but even with NDA details about what you are looking for are confidential and won't have access to it, depends on the level of information you are looking for, you are the only one that knows how deep you would like to learn about this topic.

To summarize, yes most of this information is confidential, RDC will show some information but not full details on development or diagrams.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Finees
Beginner

Hello,

I don't think an NDA is necessary.

I'm just looking for some recommended and Intel approved PMICs or LDOs part numbers for use in the above processor families.

Regards

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

Thank you for your response.

I completely understand that you are looking for recommendations, but the way we can provide you with this information is by applying to RDC. For guidance, How to Apply for an Intel® Resource and Documentation Center (RDC) and/or Intel® Developer Zone (Intel® DevZone) Account or you can request a NDA.

Let if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Finees
Beginner

Hi

Thank you. I will ask this information on RDC.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Finees,

Thank you for your answer. 

Since you will contact RDC, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos