Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14676 Discussions

Please offer Memery Assistant for Intel Xeon platform user guide

Toro
Beginner

Dear Sir,

For RMT of Xeon, I downloaded the 620497_Memory_Assistant_Rev2.8.4,but files not include user guide.

First :

After I choice the platform Eagle Stream - EMR,I opened files.Why is the summary item Readiness Guideline appear Run UPM?

I attach the as below picture.What is that mean?

Toro_1-1700648991324.png

Readiness Guideline Parameter values should normally be provided.

Second:

[Warning]Not meet minimum sample quantity ( 2x5x5 or 3x3x5 ).

What is the number's mean?

Please solve my questions and many thanks

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ToroThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate response to your questions, could you please provide the complete model of your Intel® processor?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
playwell
Beginner

Hello,

It seems there's an issue with the Xeon RMT download, lacking a user guide. Regarding the Readiness Guideline appearing as "Run UPM" for Eagle Stream - EMR, and the warning about not meeting the minimum sample quantity, I'm unsure. Could you clarify the significance of "Run UPM" and the specific numbers in the warning? Your guidance is appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
playwell
Beginner

did i helped anyone ? i am just curious if my post helped you please let me know and if you think i can help youu do let me know too. 

thanks 

0 Kudos
playwell
Beginner

is there anyone reading this ?

0 Kudos
Toro
Beginner

Dear playwell,

Thank you for your reply.Please Explain to me,If you understand and use this memory assistant tool.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
tmc
Employee

You need to refer to the methodology document for the platform in question.  If that is Eagle Stream, then it will be #633426, Eagle Stream DDR EV Tools & Methodology.

0 Kudos
Toro
Beginner

Dear tmc,

Thank you for sharing the important information,this document is very useful for me.

0 Kudos
Toro
Beginner

Dear sir,

I used the Emerald Rapids of processor.My  colleague used platform Birch Stream - GNR AP and  Sapphire Rapids of processor,the Readiness Guideline will provide parameter not appearing "Run UMP".SO I  feel confused about this summary result.

I attach the as below picture.

Toro_0-1700707694848.png

Console message display [WARNING] not meeting the minimum sample quantity (2x5x5 or 3x3x5),I'm trying to understand the meaning of those number combinations.

I attach the as below picture.

Toro_1-1700708194333.png

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ToroThank you very much for providing the model of the processor.

I just transferred your case to the proper department, they will further assist you with this topic as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Toro
Beginner

Dear Sir,

May I ask how to obtain the user guide?

I need to study this memory assistant tool for work.

Thank you

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Toro,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for the response.

Please inform us if additional assistance is required. Otherwise, please confirm whether we may proceed to close the request.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
Toro
Beginner

Dear Sir,

I have other questions.May you specify how I should judge whether the Eagle Stream -EMR RMT result Pass or Fail?

What is the UPM Method item display "First Pass" and "Bootstrap"mean?

0 Kudos
tmc
Employee

There is no "Pass" or "Fail" assessment, only a determination of Low Risk vs not Low Risk.  This is detailed on p.5 of #633426 Eagle Stream DDR EV Tools & Methodology.  The goal is UPM < 50.

As for First Pass vs Bootstrap, you can ignore this, as it is simply a calculation optimization that the tool is applying in the background.

As an aside, in general I suggest using the Intel Premier Support method for these kinds of technical questions, as you should get responses more quickly and details you share that are specific to your design or testing can be kept confidential.

0 Kudos
Toro
Beginner

Dear tmc,

I see what you mean.I appreciate that you spent your time replying to me.It's helped me a lot.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Toro,

Thank you for the response.

I am in pursuit of the answer for you. Please allow us some time to check and get back to you.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Toro,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response.

Kindly confirm if you the issue is resolved or please inform us if additional assistance is required.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
Toro
Beginner

Dear Sir,

Yes,this topic has been resolved.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Toro,