Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14961 Discussions

Problem with starting up the "IntelProcessor Diagnostic Tool"

KCasp
Novice

Hello Intel Forum,

I have a problem running the "IntelProcessor Diagnostic Tool" - 64bit. Which can be seen and downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

I installed the software a couple of days ago, ran a few tests - looked a little around - and closed it down in order to do some more investigation and tests later.

But unfortunately, when I try to run the application now I get an error message. The above screen dump shows the pop up that shows up, when trying to start it up. The text is in Danish, but in the main terms this is what is published:

"A not finished exception" or "Adverse incident" has shown up! - "Data for the "Counter Name" cannot be read, because there was read an invalid index in the registration database"

It's very difficult to translate this message to English, mainly because I believe the text is already a not so well translation from English to Danish.

However - I hope this and especially the rest of the text in the message (copy& pasted below) gives the needed info to understand what it all is about!

I have tried to uninstall reinstall without any luck - and I have been cleaning up the registry after the uninstall process was performed - using CCleaner. But no luck!

I'm in a process of OC'ing my system and between the installation og the application and my attempt to start it up again, I have of coarse made some adjustments in the BIOS - but I believe this should not be the reason for this application to behave like this. But I'd just tell about it - in case I'm wrong!

I have been searching online for a solution, but without any hits - I only found info about the actual usage of the application!

Thanks for any reply - it would be highly appreciated!

Klaus Peter Caspersen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Se slutningen af denne meddelelse, hvis du vil have detaljer om,

hvordan du starter JIT-fejlfinding i stedet for denne dialogboks.

************** Undtagelsestekst **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Data for tællernavnet kan ikke indlæses, fordi der blev læst et ugyldigt indeks '' fra registreringsdatabasen.

ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)

ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()

ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()

ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)

ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)

ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()

ved System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.EndInit()

ved Win_IPDT.Form1.InitializeComponent()

ved Win_IPDT.Form1..ctor()

ved Win_IPDT.SPBC_Form.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

ved System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Indlæste assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assemblyversion: 4.0.0.0

Win32-version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Win-IPDT64

Assemblyversion: 3.0.0.25

Win32-version: 3.0.0.25

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Intel%20Corporation/Intel%20Processor%20Diagnostic%20Tool%2064bit/Win-IPDT64.exe

System.Numerics

Win32-version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32-version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32-version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

Win32-version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

XXXWHIT...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Zenit:

Based on the picture attached, it is hard to tell what the issue is, but it seems that is related to Microsoft .NET Framework. Have you tried updating it? Please, see here for the requirements for the 64 bit and 32 bit version https://downloadmirror.intel.com/19792/eng/Read%20Me%20First-Win64bit.txt https://downloadmirror.intel.com/19792/eng/Read%20Me%20First-Win64bit.txt, note that you would need Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 4.0 in order to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
FHeik
New Contributor II

In addition, you could also download and run MS's .NET repair tool available https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 here.

0 Kudos
KCasp
Novice

Dear Amy,

Thanks for your reply - nevertheless – suddenly – and I really do not know why or what may have happened – but now the tool is running OK again.

And this is even with the CPU overclocked quite a bit. Though - I ran the MS's .NET repair tool by your advise - and this could be the reason why - but if this is the case the effect first kicked in after 2-3 reboots at a later moment as steps in my ongoing OC'ing process, and not right after I ran the repair tool..???

I have not yet had the time really to try out to run some serious tests right now, including using the Intel Processor Tool – but the main thing is that it's starting up and proberbly also is working.

So I think we can close this thread now. If it will be crashing again at a later moment, I'll come back, but so far no visible signs that this will happen!

Thanks for your support!

Zenit

idata
Employee

YseGuy, thank you for your suggestion.

Zenit, I am glad to hear that the tool is running. If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
KCasp
Novice

Well - I really do as well, want to say thank you to YseGuy for the suggestion. But honestly - the way this forum works, the navigation function, the overall overview - and the functions to use when some simple communication is needed really drives me NUTS!

So - I just hope YseGuy sees this!

"Thanks you YseGuy"

Kind regards

Zenit

0 Kudos