Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

QPI voltage question - is mine too low?

idata
Employee

I have a DP45SG with a Core 2 Duo E8400. Intel's Desktop Control Center shows my QPI Voltage at 1.05 and that this voltage is in the orangish-red area on my Monitoring gague. I'm not terribly familiar with QPI and how it fits into things, except that it's supposed to replace the FSB. I know that I'm suppose to have a QPI somewhere in the 1.12-1.15 range. Is this true? Do I have a problem since my QPI voltage is low?

I'm not experiencing any performance-related issues, other than the occasional single beep followed by a very short (almost cut off) second beep from the motherboar'd speaker about once or twice per day - still haven't figured that one out.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

E8400 doesn't have a QPI, so I'm not sure what's going on with the software.

Your not supposed to hear any beeps from your motherboard, so I'd investigate that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Employee

E8400 doesn't have a QPI, so I'm not sure what's going on with the software.

Your not supposed to hear any beeps from your motherboard, so I'd investigate that.

idata
Employee

only i7 i5 has QPI volt

idata
Employee

Awesome, thanks guys. I looked QPI up, did a little bit of research, but no where did I find something that told me which chips had it so I was kind of clueless. As for the software, it's still in beta for my particular board, so that could explain it.

idata
Employee

We Dont have to worry about the LOW Voltages in monitoring gauge because they are for overclocking .

0 Kudos