Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14698 Discussions

Question about i9-13900k experiencing memory access violations on Windows 2H22

snuggans
Beginner

as you may already be aware, some i9-13900k started to experience memory access violations on Windows 10/11 version 2H22, this is not an individually unique problem, many users are reporting this issue across the internet. the temporary solution is to prevent the processor from going above roughly 5.4ghz-5.5ghz.

my question is, will Intel & Microsoft address this issue with a software update, or is it a hardware defect that warrants a new replacement? thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @snuggans

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Could you please provide us with as much information as you can? Examples, screenshots, logs, reports, etc.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello snuggans

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please do not forget to attach the report.

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello snuggans

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
snuggans
Beginner

MAV1.jpgMAV2.jpg

here are two application errors from the Event Viewer, the exception code for both is 0xc0000005 which is a memory access violation that crashes the program. this is happening with some i9-13900k when turbo boost is enabled and the CPU boosts somewhere north of 5.4ghz. the first error is from a video game and the second is from Windows Defender, it can also crash internet browser pages

0 Kudos
NatRat
Beginner

Hello @snuggans - what ended up happening here please? Same issue ...

0 Kudos
snuggans
Beginner

nothing changed

EDIT: i avoid the errors/crashing by changing the following settings in BIOS: (my motherboard is ASUS, your settings may be different)

first i loaded optimized defaults to reset everything to a clean slate

enabled XMP2 to get RAM settings where its supposed to be

synced all cores to 52

enabled CPU C-states in Advanced -> CPU config -> CPU power management. this is so the speeds dont stay at a constant 5.2ghz even during idling

i read recent developments and noticed that Intel suggested changing SVID behavior but that didn't prevent the errors for me. ASUS also added the 'Intel baseline profile' to their newest BIOS update, when i tried that profile Windows refused to boot up, telling me "thread exception not handled"

0 Kudos
NatRat
Beginner

Thanks yeah I have the Gigabyte Aero (Z790).

Re: Windows BSOD after making those suggestions from Intel -  

I really need to have a sit down and work out what to do, problem is I am not someone who regularly plays around with the BIOS/overclocking/voltages etc. I buy the 13900KF so I don't have to, meant to be factory OCed at a stable level. Takes a lot of time too, testing this stuff.

0 Kudos