Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities

SSD

Alessandro2
Beginner

Does Intel Apollo Lake N3450 support Transcend TS240GMTS420S Unità a Stato Solido Interna 240 GB, SATA III 6 Gb/s, 42 mm, M.2 SSD 420S?

I have a small laptop, Jumper EZbook 3 Pro bought in 2018.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Alessandro2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, since you are using a laptop, in order to confirm if the SSD will be compatible with the Intel® Celeron® Processor N3450 and with your platform, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop for them to verify that information and provide further assistance on this topic:

http://www.en.jumper.com.cn/en/index.aspx

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Purely from the standpoint of the processor, the N3450 processor's SoC package exposes two SATA lanes to support peripheral drives. The question is really whether the Jumper EZbook 3 Pro laptop has an M.2 expansion socket that can host this SSD.

According to TechTablets.com -- which was the only reviewer I could find that actually mentioned internal expansion capabilities -- it has a M.2 socket that supports a 2242 M.2 SATA SSD (note: no support for NVMe SSD). In fact, the video review actually mentioned the SSD drive you are asking about:

2242.jpg

Now, there is one further proviso: The review mentions that the "first batch" of these laptops did not have the M.2 socket populated. As a result, you will need to remove the back cover and check whether your particular laptop has the M.2 socket populated (in my snippet above, you can see the socket (with its plastic surround) immediately to the right of the SSD box).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos