Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11679 Discussions

Strange noise from my PC - processor or motherboard problem?

Piotr
Novice

Dear Community,

I builded new PC few days ago and I have problem.

My configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H410M S2H
CPU: i3-10100

RAM: HyperX Fury 2666 Mhz 2x 8 GB

HDD: Seagate 2 TB
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 550

This noise is squeak like a wind or something like this. This is noise high frequency. I think that this sound is from CPU or motherboard VRM. How I can check what is the problem? CPU temperature is normal (max 60 degrees Celsius).

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have never seen a processor that produces any noise. It has to be something in the VRM: coil whine, singing capacitor or something similar. You could try to more-closely isolate which part it is using sound meter app on a smartphone. The heatsinks may get in the way, however.

If I am correct, you will need to talk to Gigabyte support, since this is one of their motherboards.

...S

Piotr
Novice

I sold motherboard but this was problem with Intel cooler. After change cooler for another brand issue was gone. So this was problem with Intel product because cooler was yours. I am very disappointed this fact.