Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Tiger Lake - Machine Check Exception

PDeme
New Contributor I

We are in the process of bringing up a new COMe module based on the Tiger Lake-UP3 processor. We are booting through MRC training and not much after that until we experience a shut down due to an Exception #12 - Machine Check error. This happens not much after most of the processor features have been enabled - include the Machine Check Enable (MCE) bit.

Using the Asset SourcePoint emulator, I am able to trap on the exception. But none of the MCE MSR's show any status.

Does anybody have experience debugging this type of exception? A broad set of causes can cause this and we are having trouble isolating the cause.

I am attaching a trace log that includes CSME and AET traffic.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PDeme
New Contributor I

Thank you for the support offer but we resolved this issue. Turned out to be a bad SPD table for our memory. Even though the MRC tuning stage passed, it still wasn't perfect.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PDeme,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some inquiries about Tiger Lake products.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you provide more details about your system (motherboard model, operating system, etc)?

2. Do you have a specific Tiger Lake processor? If so, what is the model?

3. Can you provide more details about the issue?

4. Are you using software or tool?

5. Are you working on a project or developing something? Can you provide more details?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
PDeme
New Contributor I

Thank you for the support offer but we resolved this issue. Turned out to be a bad SPD table for our memory. Even though the MRC tuning stage passed, it still wasn't perfect.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PDeme, 

I do appreciate the update. I am glad to know that you solved the issue, unfortunately, the RAM was defective. I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further assistance or if you face any issues with our products.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos