Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15403 Discussions

Turbo Boost Technology

ceazamaze
Beginner

Good Evening,

I have a intel i5 9400F , I would like to enable the Turbo Boost Technology on my intel. how can I do this? do I need an extra software for this? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
In most systems, Turbo Boost is enabled automatically. Why do you think it is inactive?
...S
0 Kudos
ceazamaze
Beginner
0 Kudos
ceazamaze
Beginner

cause its at 2.90GHz . I had sent my Msconfig to Epic games . cause my game keeps crashing, and they told me the reason for the crashes is cause their game requires the minimum of 3.3Hz and that mine is at 2.9Hz . and that it will continue to crash running a 2.9Hz . this is why I think its not enabled. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Turbo Boost is enabled/disabled from within your motherboard's BIOS. Since I know nothing about your motherboard - and invariably don't have one - I cannot help you with locating this parameter. Regardless, if what they are saying is true (though I think it's utter baloney), Turbo Boost is not going to help you. Turbo Boost, as a feature, is only used when it is necessary and certain conditions - such as processor temperature - can prevent it from being activated.

...S

[Edit] You can read about Turbo Boost here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.

0 Kudos