I have i3-9100f and the turbo-boost is enabled on it, that's for sure. But all CPU monitors show that the frequency doesn't go any higher that it's basic one, that is 3.6 GHz. I tried to do everything I could in bios to make it work, but nothing helped at all, so I decided to make bios settings default, and when I checked CPU frequency after that, it eventually changed to approximately 4.0 - 4.2 GHz as it must be. But then I reinstalled windows and turbo-boost doesn't work again and nothing helps this time
Time to educated yourself on how this feature actually works. Suggested reading:
- What is Intel Turbo Boost Technology and How Does it Work?
- Why Am I Not Getting the Intel Turbo Boost Frequency?
- My Intel Core Processor Does Not Reach the Maximum Turbo Boost Frequency
- Frequently Asked Questions for Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Frequently Asked Questions About Temperature for Intel Processors
Didn't get what you tried to say by that. I didn't see anything in these suggested readings that answers my question. Also, I said that once I was able to set my CPU to work on 4 GHz frequency. If I'm wrong somewhere, tell me please directly in your reply. Thanks
99.99% of the time when these questions are asked, it is because the user hasn't got a clue how the feature works. These articles, if you take the time to read them thoroughly, will answer all of your questions. If you think they don't, well, you didn't read them thoroughly.