Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14786 Discussions

Undervolt protection problem in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility software

CP666
Beginner

Hello, I have a 13700kf processor and an Asus motherboard less which one. I'm using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility software because I had a problem with games crashing and an expert from a certain site recommended a solution to lower the performance Core Ratio to 51x. And it helped me. I immediately point out that I have his latest IETU. The first thing I saw when I started IETU was that there were prerequisites for this program to work. They required three changes to the UEFI BIOS for this software to work. When I made these changes, I had a watch dog problem right after IETU started up, but the latest UEFI update solved the problem. Unfortunately, other problems remained, namely with Core Voltage Offset a lightning bolt symbol appeared, which communicates to me that the default values may not be correct and shows a default value of zero. However, as soon as you turn on Advanced Mode, you can see that many other elements of the function are also zero. Unfortunately, in my case, one of the necessary requirements of this software was to enable Undervolt Protection in the UEFI. When I disable it, the software won't turn on but only prompts me to enable Undervolt Protection a screenshot of the message is included in the appendix. Also, as soon as I run the load test, the Thermal Throttling message immediately appears. And I can't lower the voltages. I don't know what values to choose when they are zero. Such a vicious circle

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Cp666,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Communities Page.

We recognize the difficulty that you are experiencing with using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU). We will work with you to find a solution to your concern.

1. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

2. Just to confirm, you have already fixed the Undervolt protection error via a BIOS update, and the problem that you have now are you cannot change some of the settings and they are incorrectly reflected, are we right on this one?

3. Do you have CPU Z or Corsair ICE installed on your computer?

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Cp666,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Cp666, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos